No announcement yet.

Wehrwirtschaftsfuhrer Abzeichen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, i second Joe's thank you Stan! I need to stop posting from my phone, the picture quality is hard to see.

Joe, that Bronze is puzzling. I don't think it's a mistake for Cupal either. I hope someone out there has seen one.

I haven't tabulated the list recently, but I would definitely put it higher than 376.
    When Pollux shared his incredible resource with us, it was sort of like winning the lottery. I still haven't gathered everything from those captured documents.

I don't recall if I ever saw Pritzkoleit's list from 1963, was it in a journal? Your mentioning it gives me a good well-needed push to get back on the job and finish the list with what we have so far.

Comment

a rely nice badge.

Comment

maybe interesting, related item
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
          Thanks you Stan. That is a great shot. Would it be possible to see a shot of the footnotes 10-14?

So Detlev reports they were made of bronze too? Has anyone an example?

John how many do you have on the list? Pritzkoleit published a list with 376 names in 1963.
          Joe,

I'll email you a scan of the footnotes.

Kai Winkler has had a Bronze example of the Wehrwirtschaftfuehrer badge on his website for many years. Its #78660.

Stan

Comment

Thanks Stan.
            Collecting is a continuing education!
            Premium
            paid for Walther Model 8 #727649 and Walther PP #975557

Comment

Originally posted by rove View Post
              maybe interesting, related item
              Interesting Erkennungsmarke Rove. But I think it is related to the SS Economic offices established in centers around the occupied East. My GPB owner SS SF Hartmann left party service in the RZM to join the Waffen SS reserves as an Economic Officer in the East.
              Premium

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

Joe,

Kai Winkler has had a Bronze example of the Wehrwirtschaftfuehrer badge on his website for many years. Its #78660.

Stan
                Did he say it was bronze? Buntmetall could be aluminum. If bronze, why didnt he use that description like he did with the next item listed? Perhaps someone could ask him for its weight. According to the document Stan posted, it should weigh in at 19-20 gms. A Gemeinde Kriminalpolizei disc of steel weighs in at 20 gms. My aluminum WWiFu badge weighed 10.2 gms.
                Last edited by JoeW; 11-13-2020, 01:00 AM.
                Premium

Comment

Joe, to me "Buntmetall" has always meant brass or tombak, never aluminium.

Stan

Comment

Sorry Joe, but Stan is right.

Comment

Ok. I stand educated. Quite a bit of difference in weight.
                      Premium

Comment

Joe,

Stan
                        Joe, to me "Buntmetall" has always meant brass or tombak, never aluminium.

Stan
                        Stan, he has had that a long time. You posted it here https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...bzeichen/page3 in 2017. It is a lot for a civilian related award. But a scarce one to be sure. I asked Kai for weight and he kindly responded that it weighed 24.59 grams. That alloy has some weight.
                        Last edited by JoeW; 11-16-2020, 03:54 PM.
                        Premium

Comment

Joe,
                          thanks for asking about the weight of Kai’s example and sharing it. That is a scarce - I would say Rare - version. Heavy, surprisingly so as you said.

Stan, thanks for bringing back up Kai’s piece.

Some of us would cough up that kind of do-re-mi if we liked this medal enough. The only one better is the elusive 2 piece silver prototype with weep hole.

Comment

Some collectors consider this tombak piece to be a fake. However, we know that Juncker made the aluminium version and the tombak piece has "Junckeresque" features so I've keeping an open mind.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Volksturmer View Post
                              Just for collectors’ interest:
                              here are some extremely Interesting items for Wehrwirtschaftsführer Abzeichen collectors.

A photo of the W Wi Fü prototype from a Weitze catalogue, and photos of the die for making this prototype from a Niemann publication. I had no idea these existed. Thanks GJ and SK for this invaluable information!

These proofs absolutely increase my belief that General Georg Thomas was right when he said the awarding of the W Wi Fü badge began in 1935!
                              Here is a better image of the WWiFü prototype taken from the Hermann Historica catalog of I believe 2015. Not quire sure of the year. Also included is the catalog description. Don't know what it sold for.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 2 photos.
                              Premium

Comment

Thank you Joe for posting those.
                                Rare photos of the 1935 prototype, incredible!
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X