Mil
        Wow, Eagle eyes!

Excellent avatar choice Military.

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
          A Munich sharp 3 type - ie Deschler?

Mil
          Wow, Eagle eyes!

Most appropriate avatar choice Military.

Comment

1939 Reichs Party Time

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
            Well, lets see it- would make for a nice change from guys arguing about left track on a variant of their Panzer Assault Badge

Anyone else willing to share their 39 RPT non portable treasures?
            cheers
            Matt
            Hi Matt, I first had to photograph it and transfer to my tablet. Hence my late entry in the 1939 Faux ReichsParteig Table Medal Award Sweepstakes.
            Attached Files

Comment

Two

Two
              Attached Files

Comment

T

T
                Attached Files

Comment

F

By the way, mine was manufactured by Gustav Brehmer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

brehmer smoothback. wow. and then wow

Outrageous example Peto. Congrats!! If those medallions were to be compared to hens teeth yours would have to come from an albino hen. Only 2nd Brehmer smoothback I have ever seen. Like I said- outrageous!
                    And careful- they're highly addictive.

cheers
                    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Jones View Post
                      Wow, Eagle eyes!

Most appropriate avatar choice Military.
                      Thanks for the kind words, my friend.

Mil (eagle)

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                        Outrageous example Peto. Congrats!! If those medallions were to be compared to hens teeth yours would have to come from an albino hen. Only 2nd Brehmer smoothback I have ever seen. Like I said- outrageous!
                        And careful- they're highly addictive.

cheers
                        Matt
                        Thanks For the encouragement Matt. It's great to delve into some of the oft times less Heralded pieces of TR artistry.
                        Pete

Comment

Originally posted by petopoint View Post
                          Thanks For the encouragement Matt. It's great to delve into some of the oft times less Heralded pieces of TR artistry.
                          Pete
                          With the very limited availability of the political artifacts on the 3 Reich Scene and the fact that some if not most of them are still grossly under appreciated and very affordable when compared to say combat awards from the same period- the political corner of this hobby makes for prime choice for both new and advanced collectors. You can probably find dozen of say- oakleaves- for every one of the non portables you posted. Should you ever want to change your collecting direction I am sure you will find a few punters for any goods of this caliber- me included.
                          Thanks for sharing,
                          cheers
                          Matt

Comment

Matt,
                            not that you will read this, since you were expelled, but
                            these Are, IMO, some of the most goregous and incredible table medals ever created in the TR. Professor Richard Klein desiged them.
                            Besides the Reich Presse Badges produced by Deschler, nicely produced in Cupal, the tinnies for this RPT were made of highly fragile metal that detiorated faster than zinc - the tinneis are hard to find in anything more than bad condition.

The Deschler Presse Badges in Cupal, as I have said, are Much more beautiful. Try dealer JT for a nice example : )He is a very good dealer with great policies. In fact, try him out for good deals, and honest sales.

But as you show, Matt, not that you see this, the 1939 Table Medals are by far the most beautiful and best conditioned models.
                            Carl Poelath created these - where did you get the info that Deschler made the medals and Poelath made the cases? Doesn't make much sense!

Anyway both the cases and tables medals are incredibly beautiful, my favorite RPT medals that were ever created.

I am constantly surprised how lowly most collectors value these. THe RPT of peace, the RPT that never was, the best looking Professor Klein medal (IMO) ever created!
                            Incredibly beautiful piece of art, IMO. I have tried to hunt these down. If you like these too, and find one finished in electroplated gold, it has been destroyed by a dealer. There are none of these that dont exist in a dull silver color, that I have ever seen.

I'm biased, of course, but it's my favorite. After YEARS of searching, I have, finally, a very nice Cased Dem Sieger (The Winner) award for the 1939 Reichparteitag games of peace that never ocurred - due to Germany attacking Poland in Sept. 1939.

This medal, for me, is almost more valued to me than my GPBs. - That is indeed saying something. GPBs are Fine Jewelry. That's one way to tell they are real.
                            Put it down to personal taste - collecting is like that!

And without my cirlcle of collecting friends, I would never have found one of these 1939 RPT table medals. Indeed, when I mentioned it, one collector I have known a long time, was surprised to find that I was actually interested in these, as he had one in his collection for a long time, and it wasn't actually needed to him for his collecting interersts. His interests were elsewhere, as is normal with your collecting friends. That is what True friends in the collecting commuinty can do for you - change the whole direction of your collection.

You new collectors, or even 10-20 year collectors, a piece of advice - Listen UP! - Keep your circle of collecting friends close to your heart - they are more valuable than you can ever imagine! And follow your heart - you can collect for rarity and condition - the conventional wisdom - and it is the best advice even today - but Always leave room in your heart for what you Love the most.

So, dealers who you like and trust are really important - but having True Collecting Friends - that is SUPER important if you are serious about collectiong. They understand and share your passion for collecting - and they are priceless when it comes to trying to find those special items. Just IMO. But I don't want you younger collectors to make the same mistakes I did, so follow this advice. Get friends - here on WAF, cultivate frieindships who have similar tastes to yours. You may make a friendship that lasts your whole life.

For example, with this 1939 table medal, I get the fact that my tastes are way different than the majority - otherwise the prices would be different (more expensive). I guess I'm lucky in really liking a medal that, I guess, most people don't like that much. But I think it's cool.

But that is my whole Point! If you are passionate about an item - follow your passion - learn everything you can about it, and that will lead you to the next item, and the next, etc. And stay close to your friends on WAF and elsewhere- they understand your passion better than anyone else you will meet!

But enough of my BlaBLaBLa!!! It's Just my story, and I'm sticking to it!

This will be the only and last time I make a big speech to you younger collectors - but I see you here all the time - and I see myself in you guys - and I wish I had a WAF when I was 20 or 30. I want you guys to get the most enjoyment out of our hobby as possible. Here you find other men who "get it," they have the same passion you have. What a cool thing, right? I didn't have that until I was in my 40-50's! Imagine! Be patient - and humble - because there are men on this forum who have knowledge you can only begin to guess at. But if you ask, most will help. I will help, if you ask, with what knowledge I have. And Keep Collecting, Onward and Upward!
                            What started as a tribute to the 1939 RPT table medal, ended as a F*&$%ing Speech!!
                            End of speech! I hope some of you, my friends, got something out of this.

John
                            Last edited by Volksturmer; 09-02-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                            X