No announcement yet.

DAF-Honour pin in Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be the devil's advocate, but numbered 1233 and 1332 ??? Puuuh !

Comment

Would be relevant if we were looking at GPBs perhaps. But here we have those numbers on badges and cases using two entirely different sets of stamps. Both font and size are different. Appears irrelevant to me. Purely coincidental.
      Collecting is a continuing education!
      Premium
      paid for Walther Model 8 #727649 and Walther PP #975557

Comment

Okay, after doing some sleuthing and adding material to the archive, we have determined that the gold DAF pins were awarded to the Betriebesfuhrer and Betriebesobmann of the factory awarded the designation Musterbetriebe in the annual competition started in 1936. According to published numbers of Musterbetriebes, any gold DAF pin with a number under 60 was awarded for the first year of competition: 1936/37. The pins would be presented on May 1 of the closing year of competition (1937) and the factory would have that designatino for that entire year. Pins awarded in the second year would have numbers 61 to 207; third year 208-388; fourth year 389 to 629; fourth year 630 to 1224. These issue numbers are based on the recorded number of Musterbetriebes designated by the DAF for those years of competition. Competition increased among German factories very quickly. I also found in one document from Bundesarchive that the gold DAF pins were only presented to those two persons of the main factory. Not those in satellite factories.
        Last edited by JoeW; 03-26-2018, 01:25 PM.
        Premium

Comment

Thanks for the contribution, Joe. Were there any more than four competitions ?

Comment

Thanks to everyone for posting these wonderful pins! Stan, thanks for getting the ball rollling on this great thread.
            Joe, awesome research on these, outstanding! I’ve often wondered about these pins, ever since you casually asked me, via email, had I acquired one yet? I should have taken the hint then.

Now, I have to get one of these!
            Great for anyone into DAF items, even greater for model factory collectors.
            But given Joe’s research, imagine the true scarcity of these little beauties, especially with or without a numbered case. Do the math, and these are some scarce and desirable items indeed!

Cheers to everyone who shared on this, I hope to have one of my own soon....before the prices go up.
            John

Comment

Hi,

Here is one cased (but non matching numbers ... very close ).

This set looks legit IMO.
              Please feel free to comment and also give a range of prices ...
              Attached Files
              LOOKING FOR - FJ STURM REGIMENT - BADGE

Comment

Z
                Attached Files

Comment

Note that this example is not « gold » marked ... same model shared by M. Verstraete.
                  I think pins and cases where mismatched during the war because nulbers are too close ...

Comment

I'd guess priced at >1,000 €.

Comment

Thank you for comenting

Comment

Didn’t follow this thread till now. Mismatched is mismatched whether back then or now. There are matched pins and cases.
                        Premium

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                          Didn’t follow this thread till now. Mismatched is mismatched whether back then or now. There are matched pins and cases.

Too bad we can't combine these two threads.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=Ehrennadel
                          Premium

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                            Too bad we can't combine these two threads.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=Ehrennadel

Congratulations, that's a rare set !

Comment

This is an award that turns me green with envy. Cheers to everyone who has one!
                              I’ll get one, one day!
                              John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X