No announcement yet.

Steel helmet/sword pin for ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following Wilhelm and reflecting a bit more, it could be a badge for former Stahlhelmbund members who joined the SA or were both in the SA and Stahlhelmbund which was sometimes the case as I read in one book of the time (but don't remember in which). Or it is really a unit pin or a sort of Wehrmacht sports badge perhaps in a sort of SA related competition which explains the Wehrmacht steel helmet. At least it is rare/scarce.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post

Do you think so? A badge for former Stahlhelm-members in such form would not have been sanctioned
      in my opinion!
      Wim,
      Could it has something to do with an SA affiliation with the Wehrmacht? What were the SA doing from 1934 -1935, before the reorganization took place?

I have read that men 18 to 35 years old were transferred from the SA to Wehrmacht duties in 1935.
      Reinhard may have a point - maybe some SA related Wehrmacht sports award, or badge for trainers? I am only guessing.
      I doubt there is a Stalhelm affiliation, because of the decal on the Kampfhelm.

But Reinhard is correct, it seems like a rare pin - and if we could identify this one, it might be even more desirable!

Fred, if you don’t want yours, I would like to have it!

John

Comment

Originally posted by Volksturmer View Post

Wim,
        Could it has something to do with an SA affiliation with the Wehrmacht? What were the SA doing from 1934 -1935, before the reorganization took place?

There is not any mentioning of this in the Verordnungsblatt der OSAF and I highly doubt it!

Comment

If this was only a badge for a competition, it would be not highly official and thus not mentionned in a Verordnungsblatt. I have several badges which are for sure not mentionned in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhard2 View Post
            If this was only a badge for a competition, it would be not highly official and thus not mentionned in a Verordnungsblatt. I have several badges which are for sure not mentionned in there.
            my answer was about the question from Volksturmer about a Wehrmacht connection and has nothing to do with a badge.
            I did not speak about the badge, as hundreds and hundreds of badges were never mentioned!!

Comment

A sword under a helmet was and is the symbol of a KIA soldier. No matter what the sword looks like, if 1 or 2, if there are leaves added, or more fieldgear, and so on.
              I see you guys wanted this to be some kind of very rare SA connected or whatever unit badge, but its not.

Why would such a badge with war memorial connection exists? E.g. to honor members who done a lot for veterans, or who donated a large amount for the local memorial, there are many options.

Another similar sample:
              Attached Files

Comment

What about a unofficial unit cap badge of the sort like Windhund etc? As originally thought, there are a lot out there not documented?
                Rich
                Edit see scan of soldbuch for 715 Inf Div
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X