Deutscher Aufbau-Dienst "DAD" Stickpin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutscher Aufbau-Dienst "DAD" Stickpin

German Construction Service in Slovakia Stickpin...
    Attached Files
    RonR

Nice ! There were 2 types: one earlier made of bronze and a later one made of zinc.

Comment

And one of the few that had the bend type needle attachment. I have a zinker stashed somewhere I can show. Thanks Ron. I forgot I have one of these. Your the best

Comment

Would love to see the zinker!
        RonR

Comment

Ron I finally found it and here it is. A smart phone on a sunny day outside will have to do unfortunately. non-magnetic of course.
          Attached Files

Comment

RonR

Comment

Great examples - thanks for sharing!

Comment

Deutscher Aufbau Dienst??????????

Comment

I think that this is what Peter Groch from Berlin, who travalled in the 50th to the 80th in the eastern states, told André Hüsken. Peter has had one of the biggest collections worldwide.

Comment

DAD means Dresdener Arbeits-Dienst.
                    But if there existed one DAD in one of the eastern countries I do not know.

Years and years one said what Groch told, but for me DAD stands simply
                    for Dresdener Arbeits-dienst. This abbreviation was worn by them upon their
                    collar-patches.

Peter was a longtime friend of mine. I learned to know him in the 1907's.

Comment

There definitely was a Deutscher Aufbau-Dienst in Slovakia. Its head was Anton Ernst Oldofredi.

Whether the pin is for one DAD or the other, I do not know.

Comment

So it is right with DAD in Slovakia because these pins aren't Altreich made.

Comment

I got today the card for the pin. It is not German Construction Service, it's German Labour Service in Slovakia (Deutscher Arbeitsdienst in der Slowakei) !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                          X