HJ tinnie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ tinnie?

Does anyone recognize this as a HJ tinnie? Is it complete or has some part been broken off to mount it?
    Thanks.
    IMG_4853.JPG
    Collecting is a continuing education!
    Premium
    paid for Walther Model 8 #727649 and Walther PP #975557

It is a HJ sports badge made of aluminium with a needle and never painted or enamelled. So why is it used for a bajonet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhard2 View Post
      It is a HJ sports badge made of aluminium with a needle and never painted or enamelled. So why is it used for a bajonet ?
      Came into local shop with this roto engraving on spine. Just trying to determine if possibly original or someone's attempt to create history. Not much sense in putting a sports badge on a KS98 bayo. I thought the engraving might mean Reichs Jugend Volk Troop 5 Essen. But the DJ never had a unit designated Trupp.
      IMG_4855.PNG
      Collecting is a continuing education!
      Premium
      paid for Walther Model 8 #727649 and Walther PP #975557

Comment

Hello:

As Reinhard says that looks like one of the HJ sports related tinnies. Is there a date at the bottom of it? I tried to blow it up but can't tell. Here are pictures of one that it looks like and the reverse. Similar pattern was put out for 1936, 1937, 1938 and 1939. I have never seen one coloured as Reinhard also points out. As far as the engraving goes that's outside my expertise but I would think the use of what appears to be a tinnie to pretty this up would make one suspicious of the engraving as well.

Curt
        Attached Files

Comment

Joe,

A couple more in the series...

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
          X