No announcement yet.

Opferring elsass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Francis also had one many years ago and he offered his for the same price as a non painted one. I didn't buy it because I got one for nothing from a girl of German origin when studying there.

Comment

Hi,

interesting, i will ask Francis about that...

At best i see those badges as period hand painted.

I will ask other local collectors on this subject.

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi,

just got Francis on the phone : he is very surprised by your testimony, he told me that he do not remember having a painted badge, and that if he ever had one he would have documented it and taken pictures of it, which is not the case.
        The only "interesting" lot Francis got was a group of Opferring badges of various manufacturers.

See You

Vince

Comment

Just shows you we're all still learning, I've never seen a painted one.

Ross

Comment

If you have a look on the posted picture from Schoenwurf, you can see at least one even it is not in best condition !

Comment

Hi,

here are the hypothesis about those painted badges, the two first are the more plausible :

- some may be post-war "pimped" badges, hand-painted to increase their value (even more if the badge is damaged or missing the pin),

- some may have been privately painted during the war by members or their children, or on their own idea,

- or because some local administrations may have temporary given the permission to have the badge painted (but we would have to get any proof of that from local archives or testimonies),

- some may have been painted by local administrations and were temporary authorized the badges in their painted form for their Opferring members (but again we would have to get any proof of that).

I doubt that any manufacturer of badge provided painted badge, due to the cost to have them painted.
              Unless some archives or papers on that may be unearthed.

If it is true that to date all the Opferring posters and booklets from 1941 to 1943 are showing the usual greyish badge, but it is also true that some Kreise made their own posters and booklets...

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
              X