Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the NSDAP or SA have badges/tinnies in 1923 or around that year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the NSDAP or SA have badges/tinnies in 1923 or around that year?

Did the NSDAP or SA have badges/tinnies in 1923 or around that year? Thanks

Yes, I believe there was a badge created for the First Reichsparteitag, the NSDAP Congress held in Munich on January 27-29, 1923.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Yes, I believe there was a badge created for the First Reichsparteitag, the NSDAP Congress held in Munich on January 27-29, 1923.

Br. James
      Thank-you! I acquired an original snapshot marked by the photographer 1923 of SA men in Nurnberg(Nuremberg) and they are wearing a shield shaped badge. Quality isn't that great so I'll do my best to clean it up and will leave the handwritten text with place and date

Comment

My pleasure! I wish I could put my hand on a book showing a photo of the 1923 RPT Badge, as a reference, but no success. Perhaps someone else here has a photo or a reference to add to this discussion? And if it is an SA Man in a 1923 photo, then the uniforms and even the caps were different than later in the 1920s; for example, the Traditions Browhshirt did not become standard till the late '20s. Many SA Men wore their WWI military uniforms with an NSDAP armband, or if they had a Freikorps uniform, then that was in use, as well. And everyone proudly wore their WWI military decorations, too.

Hope this is helpful. Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Hello:

Not that anyone, including Tieste, would ever say his books are complete but there is no tinnie specifically for Reichsparteitag in 1923. Tieste does show a round badge Deutscher Tag Nuernberg 1/2 September 1923. It's made of cardboard and pictures a man waving a flag with what looks like the old black, white, red colours.

Curt

Comment

Originally posted by BlackWatch1 View Post

Thank-you! I acquired an original snapshot marked by the photographer 1923 of SA men in Nurnberg(Nuremberg) and they are wearing a shield shaped badge. Quality isn't that great so I'll do my best to clean it up and will leave the handwritten text with place and date
            The photo might be mislabeled and it could have been from the 1929 RPT where the badge was a shield.
            sigpic

A Collector Of Awards, History And Art From The Kampfzeit

Comment

Looks like 1923 but probably 1929? Nurnberg Party Day Badge?
              Attached Files

Comment

Due to the further development and enlargement of the SA-organization new regulations
                were a fact since spring 1929 and would lead to more unity. This photo shows older
                forms and a hotch-poctch of dresses and colors. Look at the worn boots, one even sees
                Gamaschen being worn.
                It took until 1931 as when an official regulations came into being: the Dienstvorschrift
                für die SA der NSDAP (Heft 1). The uniforms were arranged in 1932 (Heft 2).

The photo is anyway 1929. It looks as the guys are from Standarte 1, which was located
                at Berlin-Charlottenburg, due to the dark color (black) patches. Struck (at the truck) was
                a name often found in Berlin.
                At the RPT 1929 they marched during the "Festzug der SA" under the command of the
                OSAF-Stellvertreter Ost on Sunday August 4, which was Hauptmann Walter Stennes.
                The group from Berlin was under the command of Oberführer Jahn.
                Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 11-19-2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos - cool thread and great to learn from! Thanks everyone for adding to my knowledge! Wim, masterful as usual!

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                  X