Entrance Badges For the 1938 Reichsparteitag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entrance Badges For the 1938 Reichsparteitag

To Quote Chris William in the latest issue of the Military Trader magazine..."The basic badge was a flat gray pinback, while a copper colored badge was sold to those wanting preferential seating or entrance at the events."

Attached Files
    RonR

Great stuff (as usual!) thanks for the insight Ron.

I have seen different colours/finish of this tinnie but didnt know that there was "class criteria" associated to the colours. Wasnt there a black painted version of the RTP 1938 as well or was it just considered a variation of the grey badge?

Regards

JC

Comment

Great artifacts, Ron -- thanks for sharing them with us! This design, produced by prolific designer Prof. Richard Klein, was certainly popular in 1938/39; as we see, it represents "Freedom," breaking the chains of bondage, and it was probably the most popular design of any medal or badge series. The design first appeared in March of 1938 as the obverse motif for the Commemorative Medal of 13 March 1938 -- known as the Anschluss Medal honoring the annexation of Austria with Germany. Then it appeared again for the largest and last of the NSDAP Party Congresses on September 5-12, known as the Party Day of Greater Germany. Then again this design appeared as the obverse motif for the Commemorative Medal of 1 October 1938, as Germany occupied the Bohemia and Moravia "Protectorate" -- the balance of Czechoslovakia was absorbed on March 14, 1939, though without a separate medal! And the final appearance of this motif was seen as the obverse design for the "Memel Medal" of March 22, 1939 when that formerly-Prussian section of Lithuania was occupied by German forces. A whole lot of history squeezed into one design lauding "Freedom" and "Liberation!"

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
        Great stuff (as usual!) thanks for the insight Ron.

I have seen different colours/finish of this tinnie but didnt know that there was "class criteria" associated to the colours. Wasnt there a black painted version of the RTP 1938 as well or was it just considered a variation of the grey badge?

Regards

JC
        JC,

Hopefully Chris will see this thread and answer this question since I have also noticed differences in finishes and also thought they were just variations....

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Thanks Ron

A little "collage" of my 33-39 RPT tinnies

JC
          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting.. Big medal.jpg

Comment

Here is another viewpoint on the subject of colors of these badges: In his article in the December 2004 issue of "Militaria International Magazine" concerning a grouping of documents and a badge from the 1938 Reichsparteitag once owned by an NSDAP Political Leader who attended that event (p61), Ray Cowdery of USMBooks stated: “The copper colored Reichsparteitag badge included in this grouping was manufactured by G. Brehmer of Mark Neukirchen and bears their RZM number M9/4. Few collectors have any idea of the meaning of the copper badge, but the mystery is solved on page 36 of the "Weiser" (a guidebook published for this RPT, a copy of which was a part of the grouping of documents). There it says, “Attention! Attention! Those who wear a copper colored Reichsparteitag badge are residents of Nürnberg who are happy to provide information about the area.” Perhaps this copper color-coding of badges for local guides and information was a feature of most Reichsparteitage?

Prosit,

Br. James

Comment

Congrats, JC -- what a beautiful set of mint-condition RPT badges! I envy you!!

Br. James

Comment

Many thanks, Verde -- I believe that's Prof. Richard Klein wearing the white coat as he worked on a huge model of the 1935 RPT logo.

Br.James

Comment

Here are mine from 1938. One in aluminum and the other copper one is cupal. Are the other copper ones posted also cupal or pure copper? 7E148D9E-CB6A-46BA-ABB3-AA84C83AD9FA.jpeg 1DE527DB-81FF-4DF6-80AE-F4EED66B9D31.jpeg

Comment

Cupal
                      RonR

Comment

The copper colored badges, even though the publication states it, were not designed for residents of Nürnberg. These were special badges for honored guests with privileged seating. I had the good fortune to obtain part of a trove of items from a South American Ambassador to Germany. Included in the lot were the seldom seen 1933 1000 marked Reichparteitag badge and the copper colored 1938 badge. Though he might have resided in Nürnberg, his status of a foreign ambassador would surely have precluded being accosted by tons of people to provide information about the area. I would love to see that page of the publication to see exactly how it is written. Here is a link to the lot I had purchased and the subsequent discussion of the silver badge. The copper colored 1938 was a part of the lot and is marked for Brehmer.
                        https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...arteitag-badge
                        Richard V
                        Der größte Feind der Menschheit wohl
                        Ist sicherlich der Alkohol
                        Doch in der Bibel steht geschrieben
                        Mann soll auch seine Feinde lieben!

Comment

So in regards to the copper badges having an elevated distinction would that increase the value of them in comparison to any other colored badge?

Greg

Comment

Colleagues,
                            An article was written by Uwe Lautenschläger in the Internationales Militaria-Magazin Nr. 146 Oct/Nov 2010, titled "Das Abzeichen des Reichsparteitages 1938 für Ortskundige".
                            In the article, is a notice from the Uniform-Markt dated 1 September 1938 which is of course referenced in the article. This notice is printed in Fraktur script.
                            I have transcribed it, and ran it through Google translate. I have included my transcription, as well as the Google translation, unedited by me.
                            If I have made any errors in my transcription with spelling, perhaps one of our friends here can make corrections, assuming my error(s) are readily evident.

I have had abiding interest in the subject at hand.
                            Best,
                            G.

Uniformen-Markt
                            Folge 17 Berlin 1. Septbr. 1938

Nürnberger tragen rotbraune Reichsparteitagsplakette. Zum erstenmal ist in diesem Jahre für die in Nürnberg wohnenden Partei und Volksgenossen eine besondere Plakette geichassen worden, die einenglänzenden rotbraunen Farbüberzug erhalten hat. Der Sinn diefer praktischen Neuerung ist, daß jeßt jeder der Hunderttausende von Fremden, die während des Parteitages nach Nürnberg kommen, an der rotbraunen Plakette den Einheimischen, an den er sich um Auskunft wenden will, erfennen fann.

Uniforms market episode 17 Berlin September 1st. 1938

Nuremberg residents wear red-brown Nazi party rally badge. For the first time this year, a special plaque was issued for the party and national comrades living in Nuremberg, which was given a glossy red-brown coat of paint. The point of this practical innovation is that each of the hundreds of thousands of foreigners who come to Nuremberg during the party congress can identify the locals whom they want to turn to for information on the red-brown plaque.

Comment

Nürnberger tragen rotbraune Reichsparteitagsplaketten. Zum erstenmal ist in diesem Jahre für die in Nürnberg wohnenden Partei - und Volksgenossen eine besondere Plakette geschaffen worden, die einen glänzenden rotbraunen Farbüberzug erhalten hat. Der Sinn dieser praktischen Neuerung ist, daß jetzt jeder der Hunderttausenden von Fremden, die während des Parteitages nach Nürnberg kommen, an der rotbraunen Plakette den Einheimischen, an den er sich um Auskunft wenden will, erkennen kann.

Nuremberg residents wear red-brown Reichs party day badges. For the first time this year, a special badge/plaque, which was given a glossy red-brown coat of paint, has been created for party and (other) German comrades living in Nuremberg. The point of this practical innovation is that each of the hundreds of thousands of foreigners, who come to Nuremberg during the party day, can identify the local habitants because of the red-brown badge/plaque if he wants to get information.
                              Last edited by Reinhard2; 11-04-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X