No announcement yet.

Tradition badge of the SA Hannover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ausweis for theTraditition badge of the SA Hannover published on p93 of CG's book does not have the "Pg." crossed out.This is because Wilhelm Grote was indeed a party member and received both the NSDAP 10 & 15-Yr Crosses.

Chris Ailsby pointed this out to me in a telephone call yesterday when he reminded me that Forman had shown the Urkunde for Grote's award in Silver on p263 of his book Formans Guide to TR German Documents", Vol.2. Furthermore, Chris happens to own both of Grote's documents and provided me with scans which are shown below.

Stan

Attached Files

Comment

Fine documents...wish they included Grote's NSDAP Membership Number...

Br. James

Comment

Stan, thank you for sharing these documents from Chris.

You assessment of the crossed out PG in the Ferdinand Thies document Ausweis was spot on, and really incredible that you noticed. Not many would have seen that, and it is indeed a mark that does spot up Jamesā€˜ assessment of how the early party members lost honors for not paying dues.
        Brilliant discussion fellows.

John

Comment

One point which I forgot to add was that CA told me that he had be shown one of these badges during a visit to a collector in the US which had gold lettering.

Stan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
          X