No announcement yet.

Gpb besitzurkunde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. post: In the end, it's comparing a piece of paper to a piece of jewelry. As rare as a Besitzurkunde is, owning an actual GPB is much more impressive than a Besitzurkunde, even though the document was printed in color!

2. post: "I think they are more valuable and very interesting with the research that is possible. Same odds of stardom or obscurity as when you finally manage to ID a GPB. I personally like to tie a collection piece to a person if possible."

Couldn't have said it better myself, Joe! You and I are in perfect harmony...as usual!

@ Br. James

Comment

Don't hesitate to show us your urkunde...
      I'm looking for an High rank cavalry waffenrock

Comment

Originally posted by steiner68 View Post
        Don't hesitate to show us your urkunde...
        there is no need. this besitzurkunde was posted here in an older thread already.

Comment

Originally posted by salzmann View Post
          1. post: In the end, it's comparing a piece of paper to a piece of jewelry. As rare as a Besitzurkunde is, owning an actual GPB is much more impressive than a Besitzurkunde, even though the document was printed in color!

2. post: "I think they are more valuable and very interesting with the research that is possible. Same odds of stardom or obscurity as when you finally manage to ID a GPB. I personally like to tie a collection piece to a person if possible."

Couldn't have said it better myself, Joe! You and I are in perfect harmony...as usual!

@ Br. James
          Perhaps I have misunderstood your post with the laughing emoji Salzmann, are you making fun of my friend Brother James? His two comments have no relation to each other. His statement of being in perfect harmony was about the desire to research and personally tie a collection piece to a flesh and blood person. Sometimes you have fame and sometimes obscurity. This is what we have always agreed on in our conversations. I hope I have mistaken your intent?
          Last edited by JoeW; 09-18-2020, 10:49 PM.
          Premium paid for Walther Model 8 #727649 and Walther PP #975557

Comment

So, it seems the price of these is rising. I too would love to buy them under a $1000, but try and find them. Here is one that I still have. It was posted in an earlier thread on the forum. Like yours Salzmann. Thanks to der-hase-fee, I found much history about this fellow. I think the Besitzurkunde are at least as valuable as the small GPB. I would value them at $1000 to $1500 depending on condition and name.
            gpb urk 12107.JPG

Comment

Thanks for showing this Besitzurkunde, Joe; it's nice to see it again. Clyde Davis provided a photo of this document in his article in the Winter 2011-12 issue of "Military Advisor."

In the same article of "Military Advisor" we are shown the Besitzurkunde of a recipient of the AH Honorary GPB -- a rarely-seen document indeed!

Cheers, my friend.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post

Perhaps I have misunderstood your post with the laughing emoji Salzmann, are you making fun of my friend Brother James? His two comments have no relation to each other. His statement of being in perfect harmony was about the desire to research and personally tie a collection piece to a flesh and blood person. Sometimes you have fame and sometimes obscurity. This is what we have always agreed on in our conversations. I hope I have mistaken your intent?
                No offence!

Comment

Thanks for confirming a mistake in Kurt Schmalz: "Nationalsozialisten ringen um Braunschweig". They have him as 18069.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                    Thanks for confirming a mistake in Kurt Schmalz: "Nationalsozialisten ringen um Braunschweig". They have him as 18069.
                    I had two Vasterlings in my Braunschweig list. Note this one is Heinrich Vasterling II. Odd that he wasn't "Jr.", but I think the first at 18069 was his father.

Comment

Good information !

Comment

Here is mine and I am told that this guy was involved in the July 1944 plot. Can anyone confirm this and do you know anything about this man? This was found P9220156.JPG P9220156.JPG in Milwaukee, WI many years ago, supposedly from the family of the German who came to the US post WW2.

Comment

He was indeed arrested after the July 20th plot. He was subsequently dismissed from the Wehrmacht and NSDAP, but was acquitted by the People’s Court in December. Considering Roland Freisler was still in charge, the evidence against him must have been very weak. Overall, he had a pretty colorful career, and lived into the 1960’s.

Comment

Great history piece Ron. Thanks for showing. There must be a photo of him out there.

Comment

I am told he was a Knight's Cross holder also. Note that this was a second or replacement document by the written note in the upper left corner.

Comment

very lucky ! I can't find any information on mine

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X