Gpb besitzurkunde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill G. View Post
    Some were probably deliberately destroyed, however, being paper items, they were subject to deterioration if not protected from climate extremes.

I saw one at an SOS in Louisville a while back in lesser condition than yours. I now wish I had grabbed it as the price was reasonable.
    What price ?
    I'm looking for an High rank cavalry waffenrock

Comment

I recall it was in the $300 range, but that was in 2010. It had some wear and tear along the bottom edges, so not has nice as your example.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill G. View Post
        I recall it was in the $300 range, but that was in 2010. It had some wear and tear along the bottom edges, so not has nice as your example.
        I also recall it had a center fold line, so it may have been carried on occasion by the recipient.

Comment

Joe and Bill are absolutely right: The Besitzurkunde is MUCH rarer than the GPB itself, and the chances of finding a GPB and it's certificate together are very rare...let alone the possibility of a matched set of GPBs together with their certificate! Anyone finding a Besitzurkunde should grab it immediately...IMHO, of course!

Br. James

Comment

As rare as these are, the going price is about $500+.

A friend owns one and he wants $2,000, for his example.

I've told him the going price is around $500. He didn't believe me.

Who is correct?

Opinions?

Comment

In the end, it's comparing a piece of paper to a piece of jewelry. As rare as a Besitzurkunde is, owning an actual GPB is much more impressive than a Besitzurkunde, even though the document was printed in color!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post

Who is correct?

Opinions?
                it depends on the name on it

Comment

Originally posted by salzmann View Post

it depends on the name on it
                  Plain old Hans Schmidt, faithful NSDAP member, and nothing more.

Value?

Comment

Who is correct?

Opinions?
                    Depends if the actual GPB is floating around in collector circles. Then all bets are off. And of course as Salzman notes, if the Besitzurkunde has a very low number or the name is for a more interesting person or is for a special GPB.
                    Premium paid for Walther Model 8 #727649 and Walther PP #975557

Comment

Plain old Hans Schmidt, faithful NSDAP member, and nothing more.

Value?
                      in this case i would vote for 500/600€+ (depends on condition)

Comment

Thanks, I'll tell my 2k friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post

Yes.
                          +1
                          Attached Files

Comment

So the cost of your new one was in that range? Has anyone checked if there are a number of these out there on the market?

I think they are more valuable and very interesting with the research that is possible. Same odds of stardom or obscurity as when you finally manage to ID a GPB. I personally like to tie a collection piece to a person if possible.
                            Premium paid for Walther Model 8 #727649 and Walther PP #975557

Comment

"I think they are more valuable and very interesting with the research that is possible. Same odds of stardom or obscurity as when you finally manage to ID a GPB. I personally like to tie a collection piece to a person if possible."

Couldn't have said it better myself, Joe! You and I are in perfect harmony...as usual!

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                                So the cost of your new one was in that range? Has anyone checked if there are a number of these out there on the market?

I think they are more valuable and very interesting with the research that is possible. Same odds of stardom or obscurity as when you finally manage to ID a GPB. I personally like to tie a collection piece to a person if possible.
                                No, but the cost of my old and only one (3 to 4 years ago) in very nice condition where round about 700€

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X