Hello Gents,

May I add my Order to this thread?

This is a recent purchase from the U.S.

Cheers,

Bill
    Attached Files

Comment

German Order

I have further pics, but still suffer from downloading scans that are too large.

The reverse of the suspender ring is marked 935. No other markings. The (incorrect) Knights Cross ribbon does not glow under the UV light, either does the case interior. A very heavy medal. The case smells musty,like a book that has sat in a chest for 50 years. No markings on the case, inside or out.

Anyone available for me to e-mail my other pics, so that they may be available to this site?

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

German Order

Here's a reverse shot.

The other pics are huge. I didn't realise that my camera would make them this large.

More to follow.

Cheers,

Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

I am not a medal collector, but if I had only one medal, this would be it....
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post
            RAD Chief Hierl was NOT presented with this type of award as stated above.
            Hello Mark.

The old German INFO magazine (which was usually pretty good) had, as I recall, a photo of Hierl's actual award.

It wasn't the same as the Heydrich & Todt pieces.

The other prototypes were covered in Littlejohn's book from the 1960s.

Comment

The recipient usually missing from most award lists is Adolf Wagner.

He received the German Order posthumously at his funeral in April, 1944.

Here is his funeral procession, with Hierl (before his award, obviously), in attendance.

So Wagner's German Order would have been on show during this procession.

His funeral cushion photos are shown in several photos here.......................

http://www.life.com/image/50715502

The pictures are not big enough to discern details of the awards on the cushion, but the German Order would have been there.
              Attached Files

Comment

Bill, the piece you show is in my opinion, the Souval copy.

The order of this award was , the Order of the dead. This is as the photos on the funeral pillows. The Order with oakleaves and swords as shown, and the same order without. Then the pin back. It has been reported that a similar cross susspended from a ribbon was produced. One was seen in the late 80's but unfortunatly no pictures could be taken. Where is is now is not known. If this exsisred, the order would be the same as found in the Eagle Order. Special class, first class with and withought, second class, pin backed and third class from ribbon.

These facts come directly from the manufacturer, and their sample selection rests now with the Ludenshied musseum. The picture in the magazine in fact is of the piece from the musseum.

The variations are not known to have a possition on the order of presedence.

Comment

Posting images for Bill,

GetAttachmengt.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]1323037[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1323038[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1323039[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1323040[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1323043[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1323046[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1323048[/ATTACH]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X