S.A. Blouse - a Hugo Boss Manufacture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.A. Blouse - a Hugo Boss Manufacture?

I recently came across this blouse and was wondering if anyone knew if this was manufactured by Hugo Boss for RZM?
    OSU20P.png OSU20Y.png OSU20B.png OSU20S.png OSU20E.png OSU20Q.png
    OSU20W.png

No, not by Boss.
    This D2-number belongs to Fritz Schmitz & Co, owned by Josef Köpfer at Pforzheim.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
      No, not by Boss.
      This D2-number belongs to Fritz Schmitz & Co, owned by Josef Köpfer at Pforzheim.
      Thank you!!! What indicators can I look for that would point towards a Hugo Boss manufacture?

Comment

I believe Boss made SS tunics but I don't know whether or not they made SA uniforms.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
          I believe Boss made SS tunics but I don't know whether or not they made SA uniforms.
          Erich
          They did.

A Boss ad from August 1933 ("SA-, SS-, HJ unforms" / "Authorized supplier for SA and SS."):

Boss_Anzeige_Aug_1933.jpg

An ad from 1934/1935 ("Supplier for N.S.D.A.P. uniforms since 1924" / "Work-, sports- and rain clothing as well as uniforms for all formations are made in our own manufacturing company."):

Boss_Anzeige_ca_1934.jpg
          Last edited by HPL2008; 10-21-2020, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting that!
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Great to see these advertisements with the name Boss. I know the first one is on Wikipedia.

But is this Hugo Boss? In the RZM manufacturings-lists from 1938 it is named as A.Boss!
              B18/529 manufacturing of brownshirts and such; D2/60218 manufacturers for clothings.

The mentioned number 53 I can not verify. Maybe it is in some list from the 1935 handbook.

Comment

Yes, Wim; it's Hugo Boss. The clothing factory was founded in 1924, and its address at the time was Kronenstr. 2 in Metzingen; in 1938 it moved to the nearby Kanalstraße (just some 500 meters away, and still the site of the present-day Hugo Boss outlet).

http://www.metzingen-zwangsarbeit.de/hugo_boss.pdf
                http://www.metzingen-zwangsarbeit.de...hugo_boss.html
                Last edited by HPL2008; 10-21-2020, 05:43 AM.

Comment

I am aware of that, but why is the RZM constantly referred to A. Boss?

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                    I am aware of that, but why is the RZM constantly referred to A. Boss?
                    Surely an administrative error.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                      X