No announcement yet.

Police uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. I see nothing wrong and everything right. A good chance at an "untouched " early tunic.
    Stamp location and sleeve eagle match, Oberhausen is next door to Essen.
    Regards,
    William Unland

Comment

That is a good looking Schupo tunic The date, the early 'tobacco' collar tabs, and named insignia all align with being period correct.
      Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Thank you guys
        "Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Comment

When did the yellow Litzen change to white and why? Thanks!

Comment

I believe regs of 1941.....to simplify insignia during the war. Only one type of NCO tabs instead of two. Same regs did away with named eagles. I could be wrong about the date though.

Regards,
            Bill U

Comment

Good memory, it was April of 1941 when replaced. Introduction was with the new uniforms in '36. While the Schupo had 'tobacco' the Gendarmerie had grey.
              Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Originally posted by W.Unland View Post
                I believe regs of 1941.....to simplify insignia during the war. Only one type of NCO tabs instead of two. Same regs did away with named eagles. I could be wrong about the date though.

Regards,
                Bill U
                Hi Bill and Dave,

Thanks. I hope you do not mind a couple of follow up questions:

1. which two types for NCOs are you referring to?
                2. were there already unnamed Schupo eagles prior to these regulation changes in 1941?

I am asking question nr 2 as I am curious if any named Schupo eagles were worn outside the Reich prior to 1941 for occupation duties in Poland, Norway, The Netherlands, Belgium and France in 1939-1940.

Much appreciated.

Cheers, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                  I am asking question nr 2 as I am curious if any named Schupo eagles were worn outside the Reich prior to 1941 for occupation duties in Poland, Norway, The Netherlands, Belgium and France in 1939-1940.
                  I have a photograph dated June 1943. The number on the motorcycle corresponds to - Generalgouvernement of Warsaw.

Regards, Lib13.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Lib13,

Excellent and revealing photo! Once again we see the “regs” no adhered to as in this photo. I thought certainly by 1943 the named arm eagles were no longer used.

Also of interest is the Officer on the left with the metal eagle device on his Bergmütze. Many of my photos from this period forward show cloth insignia on caps.
                    Looking for all things Polizei/Zoll

Comment

@lib13 Thanks for posting that pic. Much appreciated!

Comment

Going back to the collar tab question, I found a few more details for a basic overview that may help with questions.

The early tobacco & grey examples were for ranks of Wachtmeister to Revier-Oberwactmeister, these were discontinued in April 1941 (replaced w/silver). Silver was also used at the same time but for ranks of Hauptwachtmeister to Meister.

The early examples had the tobacco, grey, and silver 'bars' stitched to the base material, later on the silver and branch denoting color were one (see Schupo tabs in middle of below pic), and then with the introduction of the feldbluse a simplified collar tab was introduced (2nd picture).

I took a few quick pics of collar tabs I had readily available.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dave! At what point in time do the simplified tabs make their appearance?
                          Attached Files

Comment

SHould have been in 1942 with the introduction of the new style feldbluse.

Comment

Dave forgets to mention that he takes photos of just a few tabs... On a carpet of eagles. Very jealous indeed my good man.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X