Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fly like an eagle (a late war 2 piece Polizei officers eagle that is!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly like an eagle (a late war 2 piece Polizei officers eagle that is!)

Got this nice addition to my collection to day.

This 2 piece aluminium officers eagle is much thinner in profile than other examples that I have seen, and possess.

I can only think it is because of a different manufacturer or, perhaps it is a late war piece and has been made instead of one piece stamped examples which are known.

Here it is, along with some other pieces I have, for comparison.
    Attached Files

Hi Jamie,

These are all good pieces, and I think fairly rare. Most polizei pieces are one piece in construction. However, we need to take note that the first pattern (yours is a second pattern), that both types had a one-piece as well as a two-piece construction. The two piece construction ones are more beautiful and fairly rare to obtain.

Mil

Comment

Very nice aluminum police officer cap eagle with great detail Jamie! From what little I know of these the EM versions are one part and only officer versions are 2 parts like this one. IMO that one cant be that late eather because its aluminum (instead of zink).

Interesting to note that the eagle itself looks identical, including the brassy looking clips to a Beamte eagle (Admin lile Forstbeamte, Zollbeamte, Reichpost etc) made by Assmann (M1 1/17) I have. Technically non party items should not RZM marked but these Admin birds often are...

Any trace of a makers mark (diagonally across the body) on your Officer eagle?

Regards

JC
      Attached Files

Comment

Military

Yes the 1st pattern eagles are quite difficult to find in good condition. And then even more difficult to find an officers example or that of the Traffic/Water Police.

I have a pair of early birds but always live in hope that I'll find a private purchase example somewhere.

JC

Yes, that is an interesting observation. I haven't had a proper look at the reverse of my new birdy but I will tomorrow and if there is any maker mark I will update you.

Thanks to you both

Jamie
        Attached Files

Comment

Jamie, terrific eagles, terrific photography

Next up you have to get the (very) elusive 2-piece eagle that is frosted w/ polished highlights (I am still looking for a loose example in mint condition, so you will probably beat me to it at the rate you are going!)
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This would be a nice thread to get you inspired.
            https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...d.php?t=984833

Mil

Comment

Jamie,

Congrats on your new eagle addition Very distinct head features. We've learned there are a lot of makers for other ranks and I often wonder if that number is close to being equal in the higher price point eagle with two-piece and also thicker construction. There are a fair number of variations observed between period photos and what's been posted.
              Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Greg,

Here is said frosted birdy. I took it outside to try and improve the lighting but January in Scotland is almost as good as it gets
                Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful items - thanks for posting!

Comment

My little contribution of PO OFF cap eagles : some different variations ...
                    I also have the same as presented for this thread and i also show a very flat thinner one , a full metal version with alu prongs .
                    Regarding the "simplified" feathers on the breast , one of the first pattern eagle
                    on the left do have the same "simplified" design.
                    Late war : in alu ?
                    IMO a manufacturer variation as late war should be made of zinc , not alu .
                    Nick
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X