Coke Bottle sleeve eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coke Bottle sleeve eagle

I just picked up another nice "Coke Bottle" pattern sleeve eagle (LANGERWEHE). I like this pattern/design, it's very unique and regal looking. It fits right in with my other two.

Take care, Randy
    Attached Files

Randy, congrats on another early eagle pattern! An interesting note is that Durwiss is only 8.6 KM from Langerwehr and 47 KM from Monschau, so I would say this pattern is association to a particular region around the Aachen area. Least for these three examples anyhow. I'll have to go back and looked at other saved examples.

Guess it must be just your three, I found saved pics of examples from Bochum, Suhl, and possibly Emsdetten, these spread the use out a lot further.
    Last edited by Dave C.; 08-11-2019, 08:01 PM.
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Awesome Randy

I've yet to find a REALLY early one like those you show.

I think it's great how there are so many variations/local makers. So different from todays insignia and uniforms where nearly all come from one big robot in the sky!

Cheers

Jamie

Comment

My favorite eagle pattern. Note the laurel leaves of the prototype wreath replaced with oak towards the top....unique.

Bill U

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
        X