Wasserwacht des Bayerischen Roten Kreuzes Member's Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasserwacht des Bayerischen Roten Kreuzes Member's Pin

The non-profit German Life Saving Society was founded in 1913, the DLRG is the largest voluntary life-saving society in the world and a member of the ILS (International Life-Saving Federation).

In the period from 1945 to 1956, the DLRG regional association was subordinate to the Bavarian Red Cross. During these years, the DLRG Eagle was included in the BRK badge.

Attached Files
    RonR

Very nice, thanks for showing. Post-war Red Cross badges (BRK ones in particular) are always of interest for me.

Comment

Allow me to add this new addition to my collection.

Also from the period when the DLRG was subordinate to the BRK are these pins: They are qualifiction badges for the Grundschein (basic-level certificate, bronze), Leistungsschein (advanced-level certificate or literally "achievement certificate", silver) and the Lehrschein (instructors' certificate). Officially, only the highest level was to be worn, but the holder of these badges proudly made himself a three-place "clasp" with all three of them.

The Grundschein and Leistungsschein pins are the first model (1946 - 1951) without the additional Red Cross emblem, the Lehrschein pin (1952 - 1956) the second model with the Red Cross:
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X