Water-protection police cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water-protection police cap

Gentelmen, may this be a cap for a water-protection policeman?

If it isn´t, please don´t laugh, I don´t collect these sort of things and I thought it could be, because of the anchor on the band.

Or is it a fantasy-piece and put together?

Thank you for your help!

Ostmaerker
    Attached Files

I don't know about the anchor (never seen that on any WSP item though), but the WSP (Wasserschutzpolizei) color was a medium yellow, not the orange(ish) color I see on my screen.

Is the color of the piping that shade throughout, or does it vary from spot to spot?

I'm a rookie myself, but I think someone put a Polizei emblem (could have been painted gold at any time) on this hat after the fact.

Wait for more opinions, but I'm thinking hump job.

Comment

No....this is not WSP. WSP caps were never piped. They were basically navy caps with a fiber brim rather than navy leather although full on navy caps were used.

The cap you show at first looks like some sort of fire cap, but the method of applying the lower piping is wrong. I suspect the WSP eagle has been collector added.

Regards,
      W. Unland

Comment

Agreed, not WSP, see below linked thread for some pics of WSP caps.

Is the piping orange? Postal pops in my mind but I'm not certain.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=278681
        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

I agree, definitely not WSP.
          Interesting that it has Russia braid as piping for the bottom ring.

It could be Postal Inspektion--they used a salmon-colored piping similar to this one, however, they would not use anchor buttons.

Can you post photos of the interior, as well as pics with the sweatband up?
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Isn't this kind of orange the colour of the Gendarmerie?

I will take the pictures asap, thank you for your help.

Ostmaerker

Comment

True, Gendarmerie utilized orange piping on their green uniforms ordered 1936 but that cap is not Gendarmerie.
              Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

This is not my area of expertise, but to me, this looks like a messed-with Reichspost cap, with added police badges, anchor buttons and third piping at the bottom edge of the band (the latter would explain why that piping is of different construction from the other two).

Comment

Postschutz did wear the regular postal caps when the dark-blue uniform was worn,
                  which was replaced in spring 1934 by field-grey.

The cap not even is Reichspost. I have seen such cap, about twenty years ago, in a mining-
                  museum, but I cannot remember if there were two or three pipings. Too long ago!

Comment

Here are the wanted pictures:

And, I cannot tell, when the insignia was put on zhat cap, but it is really very well made, exactly in the middle, perfect fit and the needles weren´t poked threw the lining.
                    The eagle is has a golden lacquer on.
                    If look at the cap itselve, I cannot imagine, that something was changed there, evrything seems alright, but I I wouldn´t bet my life on it

Ostmaerker
                    Attached Files

Comment

Look, what I found:

https://www.alamy.de/alte-schwarz-mi...ip%3d0%26pl%3d

But nothing, that helpes...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                      X