Hunters of the Reich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunters of the Reich

Chris William authored a marvelous article on the Deutsches Jagerschaft in the recent edition of the Military Trader.

Here is a compilation of some of the items pictured in his article.....

Attached Files
    RonR

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

nice

Out standing as ever Ron

Comment

Fantastic !

Ian

Comment

I thought the large cloth patch in the middle of the first picture was associated with the Forestry association rather than the DJ, that is what I had always thought, am I wrong in thinking this?.

Gary

Comment

what has the private forestry hat badge (three oakleaves with bigger swastika) officially to do with Jägerschaft?
            Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 07-07-2019, 01:35 AM.

Comment

I have always based my assumption on the emblem on this Forestry magazine.

Gary
              Attached Files

Comment

Forestry personnel, who simultaneously had a function within the DJ were allowed to wear the regular forestry-uniform, but with DJ arm-patch, which had the about size of 7.5 x 6.5 cm: Forstbeamte die gleichzeitig Dienststellen-Inhaber in der “Deutschen Jägerschaft” sind, können die vorschriftsmässige Forstuniform tragen.

This is said as such in the 1934 DJ uniform-regulation. The shown cloth insignia is not styled like the official DJ arm-patch.
                It lacks the DJ ribbon and the beams around the swastika.

The antler is the symbol for DJ. I cannot remember it ever having seen in forestry regulations.
                Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 07-07-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I discussed the patch as shown here with a DJ/forestry expert. It is his opinion the patch might be an unfinished one. Further these DJ patches are a mine-field these days. There are an enormous lot of fakes, which are made excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                    I discussed the patch as shown here with a DJ/forestry expert. It is his opinion the patch might be an unfinished one. Further these DJ patches are a mine-field these days. There are an enormous lot of fakes, which are made excellent!

Having specialized in Jägerschaft items since I was 10, I have seen many of these sleeve patches. I have always believed them to be fakes as I’ve seen many of them in affiliated auctions, who are known to sell many fakes and fantasies. I’ve also seen them on one site that sells reenacting/fakes but can’t remember the name.
                    Hayden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X