Always interested in portraits with all CUFF TITLES and CAMPAIGN SHIELDS

-
    Attached Files

Comment

mmmmmm..........

Comment

By the way, I saw this type of cufftitle in the book of Brian l. Davis "German Uniforms of the Third Reich"

Comment

No experts here?

Comment

Since I'm a polizei collector and not a Feld-Gend. collector, the only item I am very familiar with is the rank straps, they are an original set for an Wachmeister or perhaps the Oberwachtmeister depending on what time frame used. It's also well known Gendarmerie where transfered to the Feld-Gend. But what makes this all a 'set', did it come together from an estate or have you put this grouping together? The FG armband is not a style I am familiar with.
            Last edited by Dave C.; 07-05-2019, 04:39 PM.
            Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Hello, Dave! Please sorry for my silence... Thank you for your detailed answer. Please see photo from Brian l. Davis's book.
              I dont believe you didnt see it if you're interested in Gendarmerie.
              And what do you think about dogtag?? Thanks.

Comment

I forgot.... this set did come to me together, not separate.

Comment

The cords & brassard set is consistent with the insignia of Motorisierte Gendarmerie cops detailed as Feldgendarmerie very early in the war.
                  The shoulder cords, be they of 1936 or 1942 introduced pattern, are not a problem.
                  I ain’t a fan of the brassard, because of its very (too) sketchy embroidery and the quality of the green fabric. The latter reminds me of some repro “Polizei”-related repro brassards I have inspected. I’m well aware of machine-embroidered Feldgendarmerie armbands like the one pictured in Davies’ book, but this is something else entirely.
                  Nor would I be happy with the ID dogtag (by the way a few Feldgendarmerie Trupp 248 ID dogtags popped up not long ago). Apart from the letters which are quite more staggered than usual, there is no logic in separating Feld from Gend. with a colon, even with a full stop, since Feld is not an abbreviation. The same applies to the full stop after Trupp. Too bad ortography for my liking.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                  X