Clear All

• Kripo73
    replied
    And these...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kripo73
    replied
    I found the holster that I mentioned above and I was incorrect in stating it was LZA marked. I had remembered it incorrectly. It is simply marked J. Danzig twice with no apparent date stamp....even under the upper left corner of the flap as many are dated from this period. Here are a few pics. Perhaps someone knows more about it....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kripo73
    replied
    Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
    There are photos of these sidearms in wear by Danzig Free City Zollschutz standing next to German Zollschutz prior to annexation. Johnson mentions them in his books but did not know what they were. Here are some markings for the Danzig Zollschutz and for the Danzig Schutzpolizei.
    Yes, I have a SchupoDz marked pistol myself. I guess what I’m fuzzy on is the LZA marking. Landzollamt? If that’s the case, all these years I had an LZA marked holster....it was Customs! That’s good news because I have the Zoll marked Dreyse 1907 that goes with it. I will have to research LZA a bit more and update myself. As we all know, as time passes new information often comes to light.

Leave a comment:

• SCHUPO
    replied
    There are photos of these sidearms in wear by Danzig Free City Zollschutz standing next to German Zollschutz prior to annexation. Johnson mentions them in his books but did not know what they were. Here are some markings for the Danzig Zollschutz and for the Danzig Schutzpolizei.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kripo73
    replied
    If you notice the border photos of the NS Zeit German Zollschutz and Danzig you should notice what the Free City of Danzig Zollschutz folks are wearing. Prior to Danzig being reabsorbed into the Reich this Danziger Zollschtz Amt marked sidearm was worn by the Free City Zollschutz.

SCHUPO,

Thank you for posting your beautiful short sword. LZA, I thought meant the leather supply depot, and in this case from Danzig. I have a holster with such markings. How does one know that this is a Customs Seitengewehre?

Leave a comment:

• SCHUPO
    replied
    If you notice the border photos of the NS Zeit German Zollschutz and Danzig you should notice what the Free City of Danzig Zollschutz folks are wearing. Prior to Danzig being reabsorbed into the Reich this Danziger Zollschtz Amt marked sidearm was worn by the Free City Zollschutz.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• echoe
    replied
    here is zoll general that i found going thru old files. ZOLL GENERAL PB.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Kripo73
    replied
    On the French border....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kripo73
    replied
    Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post

Thank you Trevor. It was because of you I was aware of this gem...

Leave a comment:

• Hundestaffel
    replied
    Originally posted by Kripo73 View Post
    Zoll men with Italian Customs...

Leave a comment:

• Kripo73
    replied
    Zoll men with Italian Customs...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kripo73
    replied
    Another train platform pic....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kripo73
    replied

Well... yes and no. Due to old uniforms being worn well after they should have been hanging in the closet there were at least two different peaked caps worn with the above Joppe. The early green cap with black band and red piping (with various insignia changes) or the later green cap with green piping and squared wreath and the distinctive Zoll eagle. I think Stonemint showed an example of the earlier cap while there are lots of examples of the later cap shown in this thread.

Here is what I am talking about as seen in a picture from a photograph album. Notice two men are wearing this Joppe shown above. One wears the old style cap and one wears the new cap like the other men in the photograph wearing the new dark color collar uniform. Although there is more to be seen. Notice the man sitting in the front wears this Joppe with the addition of a Zoll eagle sleeveband worn above the cuff. The man in the back wearing this same Joppe has no sleeveband. Also notice the men are wearing the larger size KS98 bayonet that will affix to a Kar.98a as is seen resting against the table. They are also wearing the proper aluminum/green Zollschutz bayonet knots. Lots to see in this picture. Lots not quite up to new regulations.
    Weitze has a nice period/regulation correct visor for your joppe, albeit not quite as nice.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SCHUPO
    replied
    Originally posted by Kripo73 View Post
    Immaculate uniform George! Do you have a matching visor?
    Well... yes and no. Due to old uniforms being worn well after they should have been hanging in the closet there were at least two different peaked caps worn with the above Joppe. The early green cap with black band and red piping (with various insignia changes) or the later green cap with green piping and squared wreath and the distinctive Zoll eagle. I think Stonemint showed an example of the earlier cap while there are lots of examples of the later cap shown in this thread.

Here is what I am talking about as seen in a picture from a photograph album. Notice two men are wearing this Joppe shown above. One wears the old style cap and one wears the new cap like the other men in the photograph wearing the new dark color collar uniform. Although there is more to be seen. Notice the man sitting in the front wears this Joppe with the addition of a Zoll eagle sleeveband worn above the cuff. The man in the back wearing this same Joppe has no sleeveband. Also notice the men are wearing the larger size KS98 bayonet that will affix to a Kar.98a as is seen resting against the table. They are also wearing the proper aluminum/green Zollschutz bayonet knots. Lots to see in this picture. Lots not quite up to new regulations.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kripo73
    replied
    Immaculate uniform George! Do you have a matching visor?

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X