X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
    The documents, sorted by date, are:
    • 12 December 1919: Certificate of Saxon citizenship. (In the old Empire, people didn't hold German citizenship, but citizenship in their respective German Kingdom, Grand Duchy etc.) This Imperial-era document has been altered by hand to adapt it to the changed political situation, with "Königreich Sachsen" [Kingdom of Saxony] changed to "Freistaat Sachsen" [Free State of Saxony] and "Königlich Sächsische" [Royal Saxon] crossed out.
    • 31 March 1920: Ex-servicemen's certificate of entitlement for civil service employment. Members of the military with a certain minimum time in service were entitled to employment in the civil service following their discharge. Schmidt was a former Vizefeldwebel of the 2. Königlich-Sächsisches Jäger-Bataillon No. 13 [2nd Royal Saxon Jäger Battalion No. 13], which was disbanded in 1919. He had served in the military for 10 years and 171 days.
    • 10 Sept. 1926: Promotion certificate from Zolldiätar to Zollassistent
    • 16 May 1934: Promotion certificate from Zollassistent to Zollsekretär
    • 22 January 1935: Award certificate for the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer [Honor Cross for Combatants]
    • 2 July 1936: Promotion certificate from Zollsekretär to Zollinspektor
    • 23 July 1938: Award certificate for the Silbernes Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen [Silver Faithful Service Decoration, i.e. the long service award for 25 years in the civil service. Previous military service was recognized, so Schmidt instantly qualified for this award when it was instituted on 30 January 1938.]
    • 19 Sept. 1939: Award certificate for the Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 [Commemorative Medal for 1 October 1938, i.e. the Sudetenland annexation], signed by Otto Meissner.
    That's brilliant. Thanks for taking the time to do that for me.

cheers, del.

Comment

HPL2008,

I would like to thank you as well for taking the time to provide the information that you did. I am very pleased to see this exchange of information on the thread!

-K
      Looking for all things Polizei/Zoll

Comment

Here is a photo from an album that I bought a while ago. It is a continuation of the recent posts. It is the Zollgrenzschutz in France early on...
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello
          Zoll Hamburg
          Alain

Attached Files
          Looking for Police, Reichsbahn, customs K98 bayonets and Weimar era bayonets.

Comment

Hello
            Zoll...
            Alain

Attached Files

Comment

Alain,
              Very nice RFV marked combat bayonet! The dress bayonets are relatively common but not so with the combat bayonet. Is it numbered to the scabbard? Thank you for sharing!

-K

Comment

Hi Kripo
                The K98 bayonet is matching.
                Regards
                Alain

Attached Files

Comment

A couple of photos I have may be of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alain,

Thank you for the additional photos as they are much appreciated! Beautiful bayonet. I still don’t have one in my collection....collecting has been very slow these days.

Chrischa,

Thank you also for the photos! These Zoll photos are just very uncommon and subsequently hard to come by. Every one of these are special IMO. If you have more please do show us!

Best,

-K

Comment

Kripo,

I thought I would post a Zollschutz (Customs) uniform on your very nicely focused thread. This is a Kleiner Rock, also referred to as a Joppe, double breasted Zollbeamte (Reichsfinanzverwaltung) uniform that was worn from the time of the Weimar Republic into the early NS Zeit. The tunic is double breasted green wool with lower slit pockets, French cuffs, and hochrot (deep red) piping. The collar tabs are black with hochrot piping and the tunic has plain polished gilt Assmann buttons throughout. These collar tabs remained the same for various RFV ranks and the shoulder boards are the standard Zoll style with green/silver thread and gilt ciphers and rank pips although there were earlier ones with eagles. This particular tunic has a Koln tailor label in the neck and a removable white collar liner is still present. The straight leg trousers were blue/black with hochrot piping on the legs.

I don't think there is an example of this uniform on your thread so I hope this is helpful.

George

Attached Files

Comment

Here is a period uniform plate of this Joppe from "Uniformenfibel", Offene Worte, Berlin, 1933. Notice that it also indicates the Wasserzoll tunic is blue instead of green.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                        X