WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is this cross (similar to mother cross)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is this cross (similar to mother cross)?

Hello, never seen before....

Thanks for looking
    Mike cruz pregunta.jpg
    My spanish volunteer blue division collection: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=506288

He's a priest or some other denominational pastor, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
      He's a priest or some other denominational pastor, I think.
      I don't think so bevause he is wearing the same in a lower class on the medal bar. Maybe something from WW1 or a foreign country.

Comment

Deutsche Orden Marianerkreuz; Teutonic Order.

From Worthpoint: The Cross was instituted in 1871 by the DEUTSCHER RITTERORDEN and was given to Christian nobility who served as orderly or more common donated money to the order (nicknamed nobility dogtag).

I guess it would be equivalent to the Order of St. John.

-- Guy
        Attached Files
        Last edited by GHP; 10-15-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I have no idea what it is but if it is as Guy stated, the Mariener cross where is the roundel. I don't see it on the picture first shown or are there various classes of it and therefore no roundel?

Comment

It is the Austrian Teutonic Order.

teutonic.jpg

Comment

He is a Chaplain--note the absence of shoulder boards:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thank you for that answer sjl. I've never seen one before & it's nice to learn something new whenever I can.

Comment

So, not only is he wearing the Austrian Teutonic Order around his neck, he also wears a Deutsche Orden Marianerkreuz on his medal bar.
                  Ralph.
                  Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stm./Pz.Erz.Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Comment

Did this photo sell on Ebay? I had it in my watch list, as it looked like a copy, then it disappeared.
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

that was very interesting .
                      Every day is a school day.
                      best regards Pete

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        Did this photo sell on Ebay? I had it in my watch list, as it looked like a copy, then it disappeared.
                        Yes it has disappeared.

regards
                        Mike
                        My spanish volunteer blue division collection: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=506288

Comment

Perhaps a member here was selling it and realized that it is an unusual photo, and decided to keep it.
                          Ralph.
                          Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stm./Pz.Erz.Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Comment

A very interesting thread, especially regarding the Knights of the Teutonic Order -- thanks to everyone who participated!

Br. James

Comment

Interesting thing is the on 6 September 1938 Hitler dissolved the Teutonic Order in Austria (following the Anschluss) because it was closely connected to the Hapsburg dynasty. This photo is post-1939, so it might not have been authorized for wear. The Teutonic Order was restored by the Austrian Republic in 1947 and continues as the charitable Deutscher Orden with its Chapterhouse in Vienna.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X