Feuerwehrverband der Rhineprovenz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feuerwehrverband der Rhineprovenz

I thought that I'd show this here before listing it for sale, a very nice Feuerwehrverband der Rhineprovenz medal. Silver marked 935 under the bottom arm, according to the book "Deutsche Feuerwehr-Auszeichnungen" by Gert Efler, only 84 of these were awarded....

Don

Attached Files

Very nice

I seem to be developing a taste for Fire Service awards. I have both 1938 pattern Reich awards and a Bayern 25 year badge

Ian

Comment

I’ve never seen one of these. What a gorgeous medal! What does the correct ribbon look like?

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        Very nice

I seem to be developing a taste for Fire Service awards. I have both 1938 pattern Reich awards and a Bayern 25 year badge

Ian
        Thank you Ian, yes they can become rather addictive . I'll post a couple of others in another thread later if you wish....

Examples of the ribbon are very rare, they are green & white striped.

Comment

Here's a page in German which shows more info....

https://www.ehrenzeichen-orden.de/we...inprovinz.html

Comment

hello
            very scarce medal!
            i have one on a medals bar!
            best regards
            patrick

Comment

Nice, I've never seen on on a bar before.

Thanks

Comment

I have it on a 2 place medalbar with its framed document.

Comment

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...bon-id-request

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post

Thank you Ian, yes they can become rather addictive . I'll post a couple of others in another thread later if you wish....

Examples of the ribbon are very rare, they are green & white striped.
                    Here are mine ..

Fire Awards.JPG

I'm guessing only the 1938 1st Class award is considered rare ?

Hope you don't mind the gate crash Don ?

Take care everyone, Ian.

Comment

I presume the Rheinprovinz example to be 1934-1935 vintage, as Angolia noted the award of State or Provincial fire medals was forbidden after the creation of the National award. Of course he provided no citation of his information, so I looked it up. Sure enough, in December 1936 a Reich and Prussian ministerial decree stated Land and Provinz fire awards would no longer be permitted. The other fire awards Don posted elsewhere would be of the pre1936 TR era.
                      Premium paid for Walther Model 8 #727649 and Walther PP #975557

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Here are mine ..

I'm guessing only the 1938 1st Class award is considered rare ?

Hope you don't mind the gate crash Don ?

Take care everyone, Ian.
                        Very nice Ian. Yes the pre 1933 pieces that you have turn up quite often, but they are still nice pieces. You need a couple of the 1933-36 pieces now ;o)

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                        I presume the Rheinprovinz example to be 1934-1935 vintage, as Angolia noted the award of State or Provincial fire medals was forbidden after the creation of the National award. Of course he provided no citation of his information, so I looked it up. Sure enough, in December 1936 a Reich and Prussian ministerial decree stated Land and Provinz fire awards would no longer be permitted. The other fire awards Don posted elsewhere would be of the pre1936 TR era.
                        Sorry Joe, yes, perhaps I should have mentioned in my posts that all the provincial fire awards were pre the 1936 order.

I know of 11 different provinices that issued fire awards with a Swastika between 1933 & 1936 (a couple of which had multiple grades, bronze, silver & gold making maybe 16 or 17 different designs). With the exception of the Prussian badge which is common & the Baden clasp which is less so, the remaining designs range from very scarce to exceptionally rare. Of the 11 different provincial awards (plus their various grades) that I know of I have only ever been able to find 8 of them (with a couple of doubles that I am planning to sell at some point) in all of my years collecting. These are rare beauties & largely overlooked by the TR collecting community.

Would it be more helpful if I made a new post & put all of the pre 36 awards together rather than in seperate threads as I have been doing?

Cheers
                        Don

Comment

I know of 11 different provinices that issued fire awards with a Swastika between 1933 & 1936 (a couple of which had multiple grades, bronze, silver & gold making maybe 16 or 17 different designs). With the exception of the Prussian badge which is common & the Baden clasp which is less so, the remaining designs range from very scarce to exceptionally rare. Of the 11 different provincial awards (plus their various grades) that I know of I have only ever been able to find 8 of them (with a couple of doubles that I am planning to sell at some point) in all of my years collecting. These are rare beauties & largely overlooked by the TR collecting community.

Would it be more helpful if I made a new post & put all of the pre 36 awards together rather than in seperate threads as I have been doing?

Cheers
                          Don
                          Which are the 11 different provinces? Apart from this thread I haven't seen any other versions:
                          https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...edals?t=568369

I have a Saar example in my collection, although sadly enamel damaged on the front side.
                          Kyle

Looking for armbands.

Comment

I made a slight mistake while counting up in my head from memory, there are 10 provicial awards with Swastika. As well as the 9 shown by myself & Ron in the other thread there is an Ehrenkreuz for the Landesfeuerwehrverband Pommern.

Regarding different grades/awards within a povince that I mentioned here is a breakdown;

Thüringer;
                            The Ehrenabzeichen shown by myself & Ron on the other thread in bronze also came in silver & gold.
                            A Verdienstkreuz in gilded bronze with white & coloured enamel.
                            An Ehrenkreuz which was in gilded bronze.

Provinzialfeuerwehrverband Westfalen;
                            As well as the Verdienstkreuz shown by Ron on the other thread that I also have, there was an Ehrenmedaille which was a non portable coin type award in silver. A similar idea to the Munich version shown on the other thread.

Not strictly part of the above, there was also a Dienstzeitmedaille for the Deutsche Feuerwehren in der Slowakei that was from 1938.

Comment

I made a slight mistake while counting up in my head from memory, there are 10 provicial awards with Swastika. As well as the 9 shown by myself & Ron in the other thread there is an Ehrenkreuz for the Landesfeuerwehrverband Pommern.

Regarding different grades/awards within a povince that I mentioned here is a breakdown;

Thüringer;
                              The Ehrenabzeichen shown by myself & Ron on the other thread in bronze also came in silver & gold.
                              A Verdienstkreuz in gilded bronze with white & coloured enamel.
                              An Ehrenkreuz which was in gilded bronze.
                              Have you seen examples of the Thüringer Kreuz examples? I just found this example while searching from curiosity, and found this example. Is this the silver grade of the Ehrenabzeichen, or did these use the same die and were just different metals/finish? I note the reverse is plain with no other detail.

Attached Files
                              Kyle

Looking for armbands.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X