Fire Police Sleeve Eagles on Brown opinions request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Police Sleeve Eagles on Brown opinions request

Fire Police Sleeve Eagles on Brown opinions request...What unit would these be for? Authentic? They seem a bit thinner than usually seen.

These may just be an off black shade, they've been in poor storage for over 40 years now.

Thanks for looking. Ed
    Attached Files
    Ed Hicks
    910-425-7000

Sleeve Eagle

Hi Ed,
    I think that I remember seeing a post a few years ago about this type of eagle being made/used in Austria. It had the same pattern/outline with black swaz and eye. Lets see what the other guys say. Randy

Comment

These insignia are authentic. It is MY opinion that they were intended for use by the Austria GemPo during the transition period befor they received the M36 uniforms. If you look at them closely they are embroidered on black, and they are carmine-red NOT carmine -pink. Basically they are GemPO eagles on black.

We know the Austrian SchuPO were provided with green eagles on black as there are period photographs of them in use. The Austrian police uniforms at the time were a very dark green, nearly black in appearance. The black backed eagles were produced when the special Austrian police green material was not available to the contract maker as the closest match.

Consequently I believe these to be unused GemPO eagles intended for use, but were ultimately never used, hence all examples are unused condition.

No photographic evidence has presented itself, but that is my theory.

Regards,
      W.Unland

Comment

How interesting, a stash of Austrian pattern pol insignia!
        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

The collection these were found in has a lot of WWII German insignia, collar tabs, sleeve and rank insignia, rank pips, uncut rolls of enlisted bevo collar tabs and much more. The collection had been stored since the late 1970s or early 80s.
          Ed Hicks
          910-425-7000

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
          X