Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Envelope , From Spandau prison to Isle Hess

Hi guys'

I got this pretty odd envelope a couple of weeks ago.
    It has been send from the Spandau Prison to Ilse Hess , the wife of Rudolf Hess.
    My question is, does anybody recognise the handwriting, is it maybe from Rudolf ??
    Thanks
    Attached Files

No reaction ?

Comment

I believe that to be hess's hand writing...…………..dave

Comment

I too believe that is the handwriting of Rudolf Hess. Some other examples of his writing from Spandau appear
        here: https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/ru...rg-trials.html

Best wishes,
        ~ Mike
        Last edited by Michael Miller; 09-13-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
          I too believe that is the handwriting of Rudolf Hess. Some other examples of his writing from Spandau appear
          here: https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/ru...rg-trials.html

Best wishes,
          ~ Mike
          Although the main body of writing contains stark differences to the handwriting of Hess, there are a few similarities which could indicate it is his hand. However, these are very few and there remains an element of doubt. It's worth noting that Hess refused a visit to Spandau by his wife for many years of his incarceration, but he continued to correspond with her until relenting and receiving visits in the latter years. Usually, envelopes from prisoners at Spandau display the name of the prisoner sender, but not in every case. On balance, I believe the envelope COULD have been written by Hess, but only because it is the most likely answer, and not as a result of handwriting similarities.
          I should also point out that the main examples posted by Mike above were not written in Spandau, but are sourced to his trial period at Nuremberg, prior to his sentence served at Spandau. The smaller typewritten examples are from Spandau.
          Regards,
          Max.

Comment

Thanks so far guys.
            I guess, for 85% it is Rudolfs handwriting.

Comment

60-40 would be closer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
              X