Iron Crosses awards ceremonies !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Crosses awards ceremonies !

Hi Guys ! As I am collecting well decorating soldiers ID's, documents and Photos, I have always put aside all photos representing award ceremonies, in rear echelons, at the front, sometimes even in first front trenches ! The most common is undoubtly the iron cross, which symbolic dimension was always very strong in the WW2 german army... These photos are quite common, but units, generals, officers, places, uniforms, a lot of details can make them very attractive IMO.

I am convinced many collectors here can participate to this Thread and make it a real documentary reference on this wide and almost unexplored matter !

I want to start with this one, a really cool one, concerning a sergeant / Uffz receiving the E.K.1. He belonged the 3./I.R.62..... his name could almost being deciphered on the 1st type print award document.
    Attached Files
    Looking for all Items related to 4.Pz.Div., Kriegsschule POTSDAM, Schule KRAMPNITZ, just drop me a PM !!

Inf.Rgt.506 (291.I.D.), french campaign mai or june 1940. Note the NCO photgraphing the whole scene, and perhaps each new fresk awardee...
    Attached Files
    Looking for all Items related to 4.Pz.Div., Kriegsschule POTSDAM, Schule KRAMPNITZ, just drop me a PM !!

Comment

Gren.Rgt.53 (14.I.D.), "Richterwald", Russia, mai 1942 or 1943.
      Attached Files

Comment

Freshly awarded soldiers. On the left, Feldwebel Adam LINHART from Art.Rgt.115, who later received the Honour clasp (Ehrenblattspange) and was KIA in september 1943. He seems he hold with its left hand an A4 document as well as his Soldbuch... or the paper pouch from his new award !!
        Attached Files

Comment

Early award ceremony in the town of "Rosentahl" ?? Holland mai 1940. General Walter BEHSCHNITT, commander 254.I.D., in front of his men.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ceremony in LUXEUIL, eastern France. Oberst Albert BUCK (23.1.1895-6.9.1942), regimental commander I.R.305 (198.I.D.)
            Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately no idea of who the man or what the unit is, but the awarding of the EK-II Spange:
              Attached Files
              Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

Comment

Great snapshots Kevin. The 35-38 shoulderboards, the mod.36 tunic, and the logic.... probably an early date too, 39 or 40...
                Here General Rudolf Toussaint awarding E.K.1 and E.K.2. No place an date. Feldmütze and late tunics clearly indicates 1943-44 photos. Note both men on right have ready buttonholes opened to receive the E.K.2.
                Attached Files

Comment

Wrapper and Schirmmütze alter Art for this Oblt apparently joking while giving the award document to one of his soldier. No unit, no place, do date.
                  Attached Files

Comment

An extremely young officer awarding the EK.2 to two of his men, without any particular staging... I wrote on the back "6./I.R.268 or 10./I.R.404" on the very day I got that one, don't ask me why now ;-)
                    Attached Files

Comment

2nd from left Ogefr. Oskar Mangold, later german Cross in Gold bearer with G.R.390.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting images - thanks!

Here are some from - 4./Grenadier Regiment 273
                        Attached Files

Comment

Amazing pictures, especially those showing citations being handed out! Thanks for sharing!
                          Always buying combat award citations (especially Eisernes Kreuz) and Soldbücher/Wehrpässe linked to the Western Front 1944/45 (Ardennes, Eifel/Hürtgenwald, Aachen, Rhineland), no matter what unit!

Comment

You're welcome Guys. Hardy, the one with the awards on the table is really , tks for sharing.

Comment

Hauptmann Karl-Heinz LEYPOLD awarding some of his men from 4./G.R.347, Leypold was KC Holder (11.4.44). He is hardly recognizable on this pic, but well, this one and a bunch of others were given to me by his widow many years ago. Note the weight of the MP.40 pouches on the guy just being decorated...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X