New set addition 212 ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New set addition 212 ID

New addition of a set to the collection. Only show a few scans because there are too many documents. Had some bad luck in life earlier, so had to sell everything, still have some issues but hope to get back on my feet soon.

Did find this interesting, first time I see it. Jahresfischereischein.
    Attached Files

IAB and EK1, both in December 1943.
    Attached Files

Comment

EK2 and VWA Silber Award document. The VWA is one of my favourites because it shows the rare unit designation "Sturm-Kompanie 212", currently have not much info however it belonged or was subordinated to Panzerjäger-Abteilung 212. He got wounded during the Battle of the Bulge (in Luxemburg).
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice grouping. Thanks for showing.
        Jeff
        looking for Soldbücher, Wehrpäße, or Ausweis to family names: Jung, Weihs,Adams, Kloskowski

Comment

Hi Houwe Trouwe. Nice group indeed. IMO the divisional sturm-Komp. is an alarm kompanie directly under command of the disional stab, a mobile Unit used to intervene in burning issues, exactly as the "Begleit-Kompanie" did in Panzer divisions.

I tought long that the soldiers were the "Elite" of the division, but I hear once from a Vet that the "Sturm-kp" he once belonged to was created with people of the "Versogung-Kp.", but also baker, cooks, butchers, in excess due to the facts that heavily engaged units had less soldiers to take over....

I just own ONE award document with this mention, something scarce anyway.
          Looking for all Items related to 4.Pz.Div., Kriegsschule POTSDAM, Schule KRAMPNITZ, just drop me a PM !!

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel H. View Post
            Hi Houwe Trouwe. Nice group indeed. IMO the divisional sturm-Komp. is an alarm kompanie directly under command of the disional stab, a mobile Unit used to intervene in burning issues, exactly as the "Begleit-Kompanie" did in Panzer divisions.

I tought long that the soldiers were the "Elite" of the division, but I hear once from a Vet that the "Sturm-kp" he once belonged to was created with people of the "Versogung-Kp.", but also baker, cooks, butchers, in excess due to the facts that heavily engaged units had less soldiers to take over....

I just own ONE award document with this mention, something scarce anyway.
            The Sturmkompanie in this case was subordinated to the Panzerjäger-Abteilung (as can be seen at the stamp), and also on the awardslists I posses of 44/45, the Sturmkompanie is submitted under the Pz.Jg.Abt. I really can't find much info on these late war type units, it may as you say, be similar to a Begleit-Kompanie. Thanks for your comment.

Comment

Hello !

Indeed a very nice gruop ! Thanks for sharing it !

The signature on the VWA(silber) could be from Hptm.d.R. Franz Stumpf, DKIG on 1.2.1945 with PzJg.Abt. 212 !
              At least a Hptm. Stumpf was Kdr. in Dec. 1944, which is probably close enough to make this likely.

The Sturm-Kp. itself is surely uncommon, but that it is attached (or part of ?!) this Pz.Jg.Abt. 212 is very interesting
              (and also hard to explain ... ).

Before making some guesses, it would be great if some other members have further infos !

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Very neat and intriguing grouping. Thanks for sharing.
                Todd
                Seeking photographs of Joachim Tiesler, DKiG Stalingrad, 3rd I.D. (mot.) and Clemens Freiherr von Fürstenberg, DKiG 7th Panzer Division.

Comment

One possibility. Division St Qu temporarily attaches Sturm-Kompanie with panzerfausts to Pz Jäg Abt to beef up PAK defenses against US tanks. The division lacked attached armor assets while in the Ardennes.
                  Last edited by Edward; 07-15-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X