Interesting unit and tactical markings on this car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting unit and tactical markings on this car

This was also in the 65 photos I just got out of the 245 I will be getting.
    I believe the car and men to be from the 205 Infantry Division, judging by the mushroom on the one fender. On the other fender, there is a Triangle with a cross above it. From research, I found that this is Hauptverbandplatz/San.Kp.
    The soldier who owned the photos was part of a medical company for sure, because in a lot of the photos, there are ambulences.
    Any help welcomed!
    Karl
    Attached Files

I am pretty sure you are right, but I cant see the triangle but it should be
    medical,co.regards manuel

Comment

Here are some close ups

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

karl,yes no doubt! medical co and 205 ID .post more photos!!! regards manuel

Comment

I shall post more photos, as this should be an interesting lot, being he served in France and Russia and elsewhere.

Comment

Nice to see photos from 205th. One of the divisons from Heeresgruppe Nord that I have no photos of. Thank you for sharing.

There are two photo books from the division (one from Podzun, the other privately published), both are nice to own.

Comment

Are photos of the 205. not too common? If so, I could sell you a photo of this car from another angle.

Thanks!
                Karl Bandow

Comment

Are photos of the 205. not too common?
                  No reason to be rarer than other Infanterie-Divisionen, but each of us has his own destiny ("That is life", we say)

Thanks for the offer, but it is the last thing I would do to ask only one photo from a grouping. And I do not have to have everything in my collection --- if a good friend of mine keeps something, I feel "safe", as if I own them.

Comment

Gotcha. I understand where you are coming from. It is not right to split up something that has been together since WWII.
                    Thanks!
                    Karl Bandow

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X