griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I need help with these two passport phrases... Thanks!!

    Comment


      gemeldet zum Aufenthalte in der Gemeinde Seestedtl am 21.11.1936

      abgemeldet von der Gemeinde Seestedtl nach Bainberg(?) in Sachsen am 10.12.1936

      Comment


        From am Artillerie Hauptmann group

        Ángel
        Attached Files
        Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

        Comment


          Ok, Thank you so much!! Is Bamberg his hometown... and the town that no longer exists is Seestadtl (Ervěnicích in Czechoslovak).

          Originally posted by pauke View Post
          gemeldet zum Aufenthalte in der Gemeinde Seestedtl am 21.11.1936

          abgemeldet von der Gemeinde Seestedtl nach Bainberg(?) in Sachsen am 10.12.1936

          Comment


            I am not certain the town is "Bainberg" or "Bamberg", but it is in Saxony as per the writing.

            Comment


              # 15065

              I read " Wegen Verwundung abgewiesen(?) H.V.P. (Haupt-Verbands-Platz), Dankow / Denkow ??,

              22.4.45 - Dr. Jahnke, St. Arzt"

              Gerdan

              Comment


                Thanks a lot Gerdan

                Angel
                Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

                Comment


                  Any help with this diary of a panzer man? He was 27 regiment, 19th pz. Div.
                  Here are a couple of pages.
                  Thanks.
                  Dave


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    What are we looking at here?

                    This is part of a research file from Dr. Wilhelm Kinkelin, but im not sure what it actually is.
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dante Gambino View Post
                      This is part of a research file from Dr. Wilhelm Kinkelin, but im not sure what it actually is.
                      It's a transcription of his promotion document to the rank of SS-Brigadeführer effective 21 June 1943.

                      (The transcription was made by an RMBO employee named Franz.)

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
                        It's a transcription of his promotion document to the rank of SS-Brigadeführer effective 21 June 1943.

                        (The transcription was made by an RMBO employee named Franz.)
                        Beautiful, thank you!

                        Comment


                          Sutterlin translation

                          Hello,

                          can anyone help me out with the last word here? I think it is a norwegian town name of some sorts. "Bei ..........?"

                          Thanks,

                          Leo
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Leo View Post
                            Hello,

                            can anyone help me out with the last word here? I think it is a norwegian town name of some sorts. "Bei ..........?"

                            Thanks,

                            Leo
                            It might be Haug. (modern Haugsbygd ?)
                            Have a look at the scan attached and the link. The date & place seem to have matched.

                            http://krigsbilder.net/coppermine/th...ds=on&type=AND

                            3.jpg

                            Comment


                              Hi,

                              yes it fits with the date + possible loctions, and if it is what the sütterlin script says it is a good match. Thanks!

                              /Leo

                              Originally posted by Einzel View Post
                              It might be Haug. (modern Haugsbygd ?)
                              Have a look at the scan attached and the link. The date & place seem to have matched.

                              http://krigsbilder.net/coppermine/th...ds=on&type=AND

                              [ATTACH]4675393[/ATTACH]

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                Hi,

                                yes it fits with the date + possible loctions, and if it is what the sütterlin script says it is a good match. Thanks!

                                /Leo
                                Yes, I read it just "bei Haug".

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing this Thread

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                                Working...
                                X