• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freiherr von Weichs
    Attached Files
    Todd
    Collector of German Press Photos and Waffenrocks

Comment

Hi Elwyn, Thanks for the IDs. I had info on these Generals but have misplaced it. Does anyone recoginze any of them. Larry
      Attached Files

Comment

Another set with unknown Generals.

One General appears in all three. Anyone known them?

Cheers,

Larry
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Todd,

#55 and #56 are GenMj Fritz Kuehlwein, kmdr of Div Brandenberg. Checking on RKT. Shouldn't be ghat difficult.

Cheers
              Elwyn
              www.militaria321.com

Comment

Thanks Elwyn! You sure a wealth of information.
                Todd

Comment

Excellent photos Todd and all of the others! I knew there were more out there!

Looking for ANY items related to the 29th Infantry Division (Motorized). Infantry Regiments 15 and 71, and their commanders. Thanks!

Comment

Ooops, bit stuck with the presumably Brandenberg RKT. He looked rather old for a young Heerstruppe outfit like Brandenberg, especially when Kuehlwein was commander in about April to Dec 1944.. It looked like a KVKmS on his left breast pocket?

There was also a very un-decorated general behind Kuehlwein.
                    Cheers
                    Elwyn
                    www.militaria321.com

Comment

Thanks to Harmel reminding me , can confirm #47 next to Guderian was his PzAOK2 IIb, later GenMj Otto Buesing. Buesing was a bit illusive. I have one other pic and he was standing side by side Guderian. He was much taller there. Here it threw me off as Buesing was standling a little behind him.

Cheers
                      Elwyn
                      www.militaria321.com

Comment

Elwynn,

That is a suprise. A quick search shows Buesing as commander of Panzer Regt. 39 and awarded his RK on 11-21-42. He was later Generalmajor and killed in Russia on 3-8-44. The officer looks a little young in #47 for Buesing, but I know better than to second guess...

Thanks Again!

Mark
                        Looking for ANY items related to the 29th Infantry Division (Motorized). Infantry Regiments 15 and 71, and their commanders. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by weinsoldner View Post
                          Here is\one of my favourites. It shows Ludwig Wolff

regards
                          Peter
                          VERY NICE...Ive almost sold all of my german pictures but still have this one: The same general...Ludwig Wolff

And this one I like also, very sharp picture (unknown ):

Sebas
                          Always looking for 28th Inf Div items.

Comment

Can anyone assist with the identification of this General ? Appreciate it.
                            Attached Files
                            Meda Militaria

Comment

G2
                              Attached Files
                              Meda Militaria

Comment

Originally posted by Elwyn View Post
                                Ooops, bit stuck with the presumably Brandenberg RKT. He looked rather old for a young Heerstruppe outfit like Brandenberg, especially when Kuehlwein was commander in about April to Dec 1944.. It looked like a KVKmS on his left breast pocket?

There was also a very un-decorated general behind Kuehlwein.
                                Cheers
                                Elwyn
                                Looking in the GD book by Spaeter, it does indeed look like K├╝hlwein.

Attached is a larger image. The receipient is wearing an EK1 Spange and a WW I EK1. I am not sure what the bottom award is on his pocket.
                                Attached Files
                                Todd

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X