Helmut Wick signed or stamped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmut Wick signed or stamped?

I have an Helmut Wick WW2 photo card it looks to me as if the signature has been stamped I could be wrong?

Dennis

Attached Files

I agree, looks very similar to a Balthasar card I have.

Comment

Hello Vince thanks for the reply. The more I study the picture it is more than likely it's stamped the edges are too straight. Although looking closely with a magnifier there does seem to be ink spots and strokes in the signature, you would have thought a stamp would be a even clean color no ink spots or strokes?

Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis,

It's difficult, even from a good scan, to tell. I have a Geissler card which looks like a genuine signed piece, but when you have it in hand, it looks far less convincing.

Comment

Definitely a stamp. Compare here - www.wartimeautographs.com look at Stamped

Comment

Thanks Jeremy you confirmed what I was hoping wasn't true. But not sure about the link you posted, I've been on it a few times, and some of the pictures he has listed as fake. I've seen sold on auction sites for 100s of dollars, pounds, euros, the latest a Wick that went along with an Heinz bar (listed on his website as fake) both go after numerous bids for 400 euros each. His word against probably some experienced collectors bidding on auctions!

Dennis

Comment

Most of the dealers actually have limited knowledge about the material they're selling, especially when it comes to autographs. The market is so completely saturated with good fakes that I'm surprised anyone collects this material any more.

Comment

Hi Dennis, that is my website and yes, I am an experienced collector and yes, those are fakes from the same forger. Vince is correct in his comment. Dealers sell anything and collectors who are not well-informed buy anything. The sale of an item or a CoA do not mean something is authentic.
                I am happy to discuss anything you think I am incorrect about on this forum and support my assertions.
                Jeremy
                PS Which specific items for Wick and Bar went for 400 Euros each, Dennis?
                Last edited by Jeremy; 10-22-2020, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Hello Jeremy

I am a subscriber to your website I use it along with a couple of others to study when I am buying WW2 Luftwaffe signatures. The two pictures with another of Otto Kittel that sold for 100s of euros on a website (I will not name but you probably know) that you claim to be fake, are attached below. I’m not saying his website and all of the bidders are right, and yours is wrong, I don’t want to get into that argument. I myself in the end after study make my own decision, in the end it’s my money to lose! Sometimes I get it right sometimes wrong, but generally right, there are a few of my ex-pictures on your website that are under the “Authentic” section and a couple in the “Fake” category.

Regards

Dennis
                  Attached Files

Comment

The Wick and Kittel posted are clearly fakes to me.

Comment

All those 3 are fake. All are fakes from a single source, known generally as the Fake Factory because they all exhibit similar features. If you study the related material on my website, and the blogs I post, you will be able to identify that forger’s Style and work. Here is another example from the same forger. Many collections are a mix of authentic and Fake Factory. If people want to waste their money on Fake Factory junk then that is up to them.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                      X