Unknown RK trager. Who could it be ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown RK trager. Who could it be ?

Hello, anyone could help with the name ??
    The unit is 84. infanterie/grenadier regiment.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Do you have ?

Artillery Hauptmann Waffenrock (with trousers) from 109 Art. Rgt - made by R.Schafranek, WIEN

He earned RK in 1944. The first name is probably Helmut. Anyone ??
    sigpic

Do you have ?

Artillery Hauptmann Waffenrock (with trousers) from 109 Art. Rgt - made by R.Schafranek, WIEN

Comment

Narrowing down the possible recipients by what we have so far - army NCO with the first name Helmut (or possibly a variant spelling) and an award date in 1944 - I came up with the following known RKTs:
      • Helmut Kauermann (RK on 20 March 1944 as an Oberfeldwebel with 7./Pz.R. 2)
      • Helmut Klose (RK on 16 Nov. 1944 as an Oberfeldwebel with 6./Pz.G.R. 115)
      • Helmut Nagel (RK on 15 March 1944 as an Oberfeldwebel with 2./Gren.Rgts.Gruppe 163)
      • Dr. Hellmuth Schoen (RK on 5 April 1944 as a Feldwebel with 5./Jäg.Rgt. 28)
      • Helmut Sinning (RK on 15 March 1944 as a Feldwebel with 6./G.R. 181)
      • Helmut Stoecks (RK on 20 July 1944 as an Unteroffizier with the Stab/Kdt. Fester Platz Wilna)
      • Helmut Thierfelder (RK on 2 Sept. 1944 as an Oberfeldwebel with 6./Pz.G.R. 33)

Comment

Thank you very much for your effort so far
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Do you have ?

Comment

The question remains if this word is for sure Helmut ...
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Do you have ?

Comment

Originally posted by marcinkappa View Post
            The question remains if this word is for sure Helmut ...
            No question, really. It definitely is Helmut.

Comment

Can't find Helmut Klose picture in internet, maybe it's him ???
              sigpic

Do you have ?

Comment

Hello! what is the number on the shoulder straps?

Comment

sigpic

Do you have ?

Comment

Grenadier-Regiment 84 part 102. Infanterie-Division....
                    fwww.jpg

Comment

84 number is a dead end in searching IMO. It is an early stage of war uniform from his mother unit like 1939-1941 period. Later he simply could move to many other units.
                      I dont know why but after winning RK in 1944 he decided to put his glance uniform in the photo atelier instead of a simple combat uniform from 1944. Thats my guess only of course.
                      For this moment I believe Helmut Klose could be the closest guess but cant find his pictures anywhere...
                      sigpic

Do you have ?

Comment

Another observation: Unless I miss out on something here, the initial assumption that he was awarded the RK in 1944 stems solely from "Dezember 1944" being the date of the dedication on the photograph, right?

But nothing in the caption suggests that the photo was taken soon after the award. So, he could have been decorated at any time before December 1944 (just no later than that).

Taking that into consideration, I came up with a few more names:
                        • Helmut Borchardt (RK on 30 April 1943 as an Unteroffizier with 2./G.R. 409)
                        • Helmut Harth (RK on 22 January 1943 as an Unteroffizier with 12./Pz.R. 21)
                        • Helmut Heutling (RK on 22 Aug. 1943 as an Unteroffizier with 9./Pz.G.R. 59)
                        • Helmut Lutze (RK on 2 Oct. 1942 as an Oberfeldwebel with 1./Kradschtz.Btl. 64)
                        • Helmut Valtiner (RK on 13 June 1941 as a Gefreiter with 1./Geb.Jäg.Rgt. 143)
                        (Three other recipients from 1942 and 1943 - Helmut Kohla, Helmut Völkel and Helmut Wierschin - were KIA before December 1944.)

But then, he doesn't look like either one of these men to me, so I guess it doesn't change anything after all.
                        Last edited by HPL2008; 08-03-2020, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
                          Another observation: Unless I miss out on something here, the initial assumption that he was awarded the RK in 1944 stems solely from "September 1944" being the date of the dedication on the photograph, right?
                          For me this is not September but Dezember.
                          Can you confirm ????

Attached Files
                          sigpic

Do you have ?

Comment

So we have "Dezember 1944" photo showing his RK.

There are few more pictures of this soldier.
                            On the picture dated Jannuar 1944 he does not wear RK yet. See below.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Do you have ?

Comment

On Weihnachten 1944 he wears his RK.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Do you have ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X