infanterie sturmabzeichen+EK2 urkunde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

infanterie sturmabzeichen+EK2 urkunde

Hi. I have these documents from the same person and i wonder if they are ok?
    Any opinion will be helpful.
    Attached Files

It would be helpful to have full pix of the fronts, but look okay so far.

Best
    H

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
      It would be helpful to have full pix of the fronts, but look okay so far.

Best
      H
      Thank you for your replay. Unfortunately i don't have better pictures right now, will post more pictures when i get them home.

Any idea who's sign these documents, and where it was awarded?

Comment

Original documents. AGC, Orel, Gomel.
        sigpicIron Cross Award Documents of World War II - Out Now!

[email protected]
        www.kleinekillpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
          Original documents. AGC, Orel, Gomel.
          Thank you for your replay Brian, didn't really got what do you mean. From what i understand the AGC was an US command ship.
          Is it possible the EK2 was awarded in Operation Kutuzov?

I found out the EK2 urkunde is signed by General Major Richard John, correct med if i'm wrong. Couldn't figure out who signed the Infantry Assault Badge urkunde, anybody can help?

Comment

AGC = Army Group Center.

This group is likely the result of heavy fighting in the Orel sector, likely as part of the Soviet counteroffensive in the area that was launched to help offset the Kursk offensive further to the south. The Infantry Assault Badge award has a date that coincides with the fighting in the Gomel area but, given the delays in IAB awards compared to bravery awards like the Iron Cross, I'd bet the IAB is also related to multiple attacks at Orel.

[email protected]
            www.kleinekillpress.com

Comment

Thank you again Brian, a lot of good and useful information

Comment

Originally posted by falk_1 View Post
                I found out the EK2 urkunde is signed by General Major Richard John, correct med if i'm wrong. Couldn't figure out who signed the Infantry Assault Badge urkunde, anybody can help?

IMO you're wrong. richard was the commander of the division. the document is signed in behalf of the commander, by an oberst (colonel). an adjutant or temporary commander.

Comment

regarding IAB, it has been signed also in behalf of the regimental's commander by unknown officer.

beyond that, the awardee was on duty in the 11 kompanie (3rd bataillon).

Grenadier-Regiment 508
                  order of battle from 1940-44:
                  Stab
                  I. Bataillon mit 1. - 4. Kompanie
                  II. Bataillon mit 5. - 8. Kompanie
                  III. Bataillon mit 9. - 12. Kompanie
                  13. Kompanie
                  14. Kompanie

Comment

Originally posted by pep View Post
                    IMO you're wrong. richard was the commander of the division. the document is signed in behalf of the commander, by an oberst (colonel). an adjutant or temporary commander.
                    I got the documents home today, it's funny the made a mistake with his name(Kapinus =Kapinos).

I found an EK1 urkunde on the internet signed by the same person on 30.nov.1943, 3.le.Art.Abt.860 signed by Generalmajor u. Div.Kdeur.. The owner of this urkunde say its signed by General Major Richard John.

For the IAB i wonder what's the gez. Balcarek and F.d.R. mean?

Comment

Originally posted by falk_1 View Post
                      ...edit...
                      For the IAB i wonder what's the gez. Balcarek and F.d.R. mean?
                      Balcarek is the commander's name. F.d.R. is "Fuer die Richtigkeit". Literally 'for the correctness', but translated means the signer (a Major who ISN'T Balcarek) is the authority in his place.

best
                      H
                      Last edited by Hank C.; 05-14-2020, 04:53 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                        Balcarek is the commander's name. F.d.R. is "Fuer die Richtigkeit". Literally 'for the correctness', but translated means the signer (a Major who ISN'T Balcarek) is the authority in his place.

best
                        H
                        Thank you for your replay mate

Still hoping somebody can recognise the signatures
                        Attached Files

Comment

Generalleutnant Richard John commanded the 292 Infanterie Division form July 20th, 1.943 till June 30th, 1.944 so it could be him prior his promotion and appointment as divisional commander.

He was awarded the RK on December 20th, 1.943 as Generalmajor with the 292 I.D.

Sorry no clue for the signing officer on the IABiS

Angel
                          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
                            Generalleutnant Richard John commanded the 292 Infanterie Division form July 20th, 1.943 till June 30th, 1.944 so it could be him prior his promotion and appointment as divisional commander.

He was awarded the RK on December 20th, 1.943 as Generalmajor with the 292 I.D.

Sorry no clue for the signing officer on the IABiS

Angel
                            Angel is right. This is John's signature and is reflective of when he held command of the division. In this case, it was "temporary" until November 1943. The the July 16th date on the document is likely related to the Vorschalgsliste and not when the document was actually signed.

[email protected]
                            www.kleinekillpress.com

Comment

Thank you very much Angle and Brian
                              Interesting to know the mystery behind the IAB document signature

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X