Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PB 131 member research

Hello,
    I am trying to discover the service history for one Alois Steiner, born 17th April 1916 in Stocka.
    I belive he was with Infanterie-Regiment 61in the mid-late 30s, and became an Oberwatchmeister in the Schutzpolizei in Nuremberg before the war.
    For the invasion of Poland he was allocated to PB 131 until his death on the 1st Feb 1942, near Kaluga.
    I know this is a long shot, but would appreciate any help finding details about his service if possible.

Thank you in advance.
    ​​

How did you obtained that information, do you own any of Alois Steiner's documents?
    At first i thought that with PB 131 you meant Pionier-Bataillon 131. But after looking into the death records for German soldiers i see that Alois was part of Reserve-Polizei-Bataillon 131.
    This would fit with his prior service with the Schutzpolizei. I'll attach his death-card below. Your information otherwise is correct. He died as Oberwachtmeister der Schutzpolizei on 1 February 1942 at Plotica.
    The card says it wasn't possible to bury his body due to the village being lost (i assume that the Russians captured it).

From 21 December 1941 till 20 April 1942 the Bataillon was fighting on the frontline in the Kaluga area under command of Infanterie-Regiment 290 (98.ID).
    Attached Files
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Admiraal View Post
      How did you obtained that information, do you own any of Alois Steiner's documents?...

... From 21 December 1941 till 20 April 1942 the Bataillon was fighting on the frontline in the Kaluga area under command of Infanterie-Regiment 290 (98.ID).
      Thank you for your reply.
      I only have access to the death cert you posted and his sterbebild. Here you can see he is wearing Heer uniform with the insignia '61' on his epaulettes, and that he became a platoon leader in his batallion during the war.
      Very interested in his service record and any details regarding his time in Pol. Batl. 131. but I'm struggling to find much on him.

(photo deleted)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
      X