Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased Pilot’s badge opinions

Hi guys,
    Bought this nice cased Pilot’s badge today and I was wondering if any of you could ID the maker. Please let me know what you think!
    Attached Files
    Wanted:
    - GAB - G. Brehmer
    - PAB Bronze - Wurster (tombak)
    - PAB Silber - Wiedmann
    - Ritterkreuz/EK - S&L (C-Type boxed)
    - Beobachterabzeichen - Assmann

Yep! Repaired Deumer Pilot badge 1st pattern with matching Deumer case. I wonder what happened to this beautiful piece to explain the crude rivet repairs on the back since the hardware and the front (including the finish) is so nice

JC

Comment

Thanks JC!
      I looked at the one in the originals gallery but I wasn’t sure about the eagle’s head.
      Anyway... it does look good right? I had some doubts before buying it because of the crude repairs but since the obverse looks so fine and it has the matching case, I couldn’t resist!
      Payed €800 for it so that seems a fair price for this set in this condition right?
      Wanted:
      - GAB - G. Brehmer
      - PAB Silber - Wiedmann

Comment

As JC says, a very nice original early Deumer in great condition with the exception of the harsh repair to the rivets. Nice early bird that certainly saw some action!

Tom
        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little......

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
        Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by BKEHV View Post
          Thanks JC!
          I looked at the one in the originals gallery but I wasn’t sure about the eagle’s head.
          Anyway... it does look good right? I had some doubts before buying it because of the crude repairs but since the obverse looks so fine and it has the matching case, I couldn’t resist!
          Payed €800 for it so that seems a fair price for this set in this condition right?
          No problem BKEHV

I must say I'm biaised in the "looks good right?" department because I've had the same badge as yours for almost 40 years now.

Not very "in tune" with prices/values either but the market seems to be funny these days... However this is not a common badge and even if the repairs should impact the value, the value of cases has increased significantly so IMO you did OK on the price particularly if you're like me & buy stuff to keep it; not as an investor looking for a good ROI

Cheers

JC

Comment

Great thin Deumer with matching case! Sad that the rivets are destroyed

Comment

Nice original with good deumer case. Too bad about the rivets. On hard badge to find.

Seb

Comment

It almost looks like the rivers are gone and piece is soldered on with solder filling the river holes. Can you confirm?

Comment

Is that from the HH auction?
                  Private Facebook Group: Wehrmacht Awards Buy/Sell/Trade & Discussion
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wehr...ardsMilitaria/

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Bologna View Post
                    It almost looks like the rivers are gone and piece is soldered on with solder filling the river holes. Can you confirm?
                    If you look closely you can see that the left rivet is gone and the right one is still there. They fortified the right side with some solder as well.
                    For collectors not that attractive but it's an efficient repair.
                    The obverse of this badge is very beautiful, so is the case.
                    Despite the repair, a very rare and beautiful set.
                    Congratz

Comment

In a way, its surprising we dont see more of these early Deumers with similar repairs because the rivet heads are very tiny on these compared to those used on second pattern Deumers or even on contemporary Juncker pilots (J1).

JC

Comment

Well read, what he writes Jean Claude
                        Jacek

Comment

Thanks for all your reactions guys!

@Tony Bologna; I will take a look at them when I receive the package. I'm waiting for them to ship a.t.m.

@Jim10011; Yes it is. I was watching the auction because I was wondering what the Eichenlaub mit Schwertern und Brillanten would sell for (€135.000). While I was watching the livestream I was scrolling through the list of items and saw this beauty being offered.
                          Wanted:
                          - GAB - G. Brehmer
                          - PAB Silber - Wiedmann

Comment

Just wanted to share this picture of the badge in my cabinet! Very happy with it!
                            PS. I like it better in hand then it looks in the auction picture!
                            Attached Files
                            Wanted:
                            - GAB - G. Brehmer
                            - PAB Silber - Wiedmann

Comment

Looks great, gorgeous display piece. These early thin pre-war Deumers feel more likely well crafted Jewlery compared with the later thick wartime badges. Same with early Assmann badges, they just ooze quality.

Tom
                              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little......

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                              Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X