X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Durante
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian S View Post
    Or find ONE other bomber clasp by Juncker with this "flaw". Which you have not above.
    Here it is again Brian, one I already showed in post #10 but again incase you missed it the first time. Missing the top arm of the swastika, just like the one that started this thread. Notice that the missing area is brighter than the other arms, that is because this area is recessed and therefore protected from wear and therefore still has all its original bright yellow fire gilded finish. The other arms are raised, so they are worn of the gilded finish.

Tom
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sebastien T
    replied
    Another upper arm flaw on a gold edition
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Brian S
    replied
    The UPPER arm...

I am not saying anyone else's "opinion" is "not correct", I have respect for other people even when they think otherwise. I simply state proof to anyone's opinion has not been shown. If my opinion is "not correct" after proof otherwise, then great, we have learned something. My ego won't be irrevocably damaged.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Brian S
    replied
    I am probably "NOT CORRECT" but this thread started regarding an aberration of the TOP swaz arm. I am FULLY aware of the flaw to the lower arm.

Leave a comment:

• Sebastien T
    replied
    A simple search on the search tool and you can find many similar flaw with finish intact.... 3 juncker and 1 assmann
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Brian S
    replied
    Yeah OK, I am warned,

And sure send me a bronze bomber like this and I will prove it to you.

Or find ONE other bomber clasp by Juncker with this "flaw". Which you have not above.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Durante
    replied
    "That is not correct." Period I guess. You have put a final stamp on the clasp and that's it. Wow...

I guess once you have spoken that's the end of it. Fine... And that's why I rarely participate in YOUR forum.
    Talk about getting personal? I don't make it a habit of censoring posts or cleaning them up, but be warned to not make personal comments. Focus on the item being discussed.

How about a small chisel and a small hammer? Not correct, yeah I get it...
    OK, go ahead and try that and see what result you get

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Brian S
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post
    Cut away?? That is not correct, whether you want to believe it or not. How exactly would someone cut this away and leave no saw marks?? And not mark up the other areas around it with the tiny saw you think they are using??. It is physically impossible to cut this away like you suggest

Tom

"That is not correct." Period I guess. You have put a final stamp on the clasp and that's it. Wow...

I guess once you have spoken that's the end of it. Fine... And that's why I rarely participate in YOUR forum.

How about a small chisel and a small hammer? Not correct, yeah I get it...

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Durante
    replied
    No need to get personal Thomas. I was replying to your post which I did not assume was for my sole interest. Ax to grind I have never understood.
    Personal?? Who is getting personal? Take the comments for what they are, don't read anything into them.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Brian S
    replied
    No need to get personal Thomas. I was replying to your post which I did not assume was for my sole interest. Ax to grind I have never understood.

Leave a comment:

• Francisco V.
    replied
    IMHO, nobody with the purpose of denazify a clasp, do it surgically arm to arm. Grind the whole tiny swaz at once

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Durante
    replied
    Arm looks cut away. That's my final response, I am out of wind just reading your long reply which I completely disagree with.
    Long reply to help you see what is going on here. And its for other collectors, not necessarily you Brian as you are clearly cannot see another point of view.

Cut away?? That is not correct, whether you want to believe it or not. How exactly would someone cut this away and leave no saw marks?? And not mark up the other areas around it with the tiny saw you think they are using??. It is physically impossible to cut this away like you suggest

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Brian S
    replied
    Yeah Tom, OK, Juncker has a die flaw, proves your point, no...

A flaw is a flaw. Debris is something entirely else. Debris that in your opinion caused this ugly stamping if indeed that is what it was but wasn't, would have been rejected by the next guy down the line in the finishing process. It would have been a "one off", flaws are flaws and would necessarily have been accepted as best they could do with the die.

Arm looks cut away. That's my final response, I am out of wind just reading your long reply which I completely disagree with.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Durante
    replied
    Check out this beauty. Juncker quality at its finest

Tom
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Durante
    replied
    You are showing an entirely different arm of the same clasp. Flaws don't jump from spot to spot on badges I have seen.
    No ofcourse these don't, I was simply dismantling the notion that Juncker would never allow such flawed clasps to leave the factory. Clearly they did as most Juncker clasps have a heavily flawed swastika. And the clasp in question is no doubt a Juncker product, with the correct hardware, rivetting and finish on it, including the flawed swastika arm.

The swastika arms are recessed areas of the stamping die, and they are small areas too, so it wouldn't take much debris in the die to clog part or a whole swastika arm like we see on the clasp in question.

However it is not clear from your photos the top arm is in danger of fading entirely away.
    The gold clasp I show has a similar flawed top arm to the swastika. Pics isn't the best, but its there. But regardless, we know that there are bottom arms flaws in Juncker clasps, and some clasps with perfect bottom arms. That means that at some point the bottom arm got clogged with debris. So why not the top arm too at some point? If everything else is correct on the clasp, and the hardware is right and the finish is correct, and the rivetting, etc.; then we must conclude that this is a legimate clasp that simply has a production flaw that may or may not be seen on other clasps depending on when the die was clogged and if it was quickly remedied by an observant worker.

Tom

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X