No announcement yet.

Another Bomb Squadron Clasp i. Br.-for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO, nobody with the purpose of denazify a clasp, do it surgically arm to arm. Grind the whole tiny swaz at once
    No hay rincón en el mundo sin una tumba de un Soldado Español

Comment

No need to get personal Thomas. I was replying to your post which I did not assume was for my sole interest. Ax to grind I have never understood.
      Regards,

Brian
      sigpic

Stumpf, Werner (15 March 1917 – 13 October 1942)
      Frank, Rudolf

Looking for photos, documents.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
        No need to get personal Thomas. I was replying to your post which I did not assume was for my sole interest. Ax to grind I have never understood.
        Personal?? Who is getting personal? Take the comments for what they are, don't read anything into them.

Tom
        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post
          Cut away?? That is not correct, whether you want to believe it or not. How exactly would someone cut this away and leave no saw marks?? And not mark up the other areas around it with the tiny saw you think they are using??. It is physically impossible to cut this away like you suggest

Tom

"That is not correct." Period I guess. You have put a final stamp on the clasp and that's it. Wow...

I guess once you have spoken that's the end of it. Fine... And that's why I rarely participate in YOUR forum.

How about a small chisel and a small hammer? Not correct, yeah I get it...
          Regards,

Brian
          sigpic

Frank, Rudolf

Comment

"That is not correct." Period I guess. You have put a final stamp on the clasp and that's it. Wow...

I guess once you have spoken that's the end of it. Fine... And that's why I rarely participate in YOUR forum.
            Talk about getting personal? I don't make it a habit of censoring posts or cleaning them up, but be warned to not make personal comments. Focus on the item being discussed.

How about a small chisel and a small hammer? Not correct, yeah I get it...
            OK, go ahead and try that and see what result you get

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Yeah OK, I am warned,

And sure send me a bronze bomber like this and I will prove it to you.

Or find ONE other bomber clasp by Juncker with this "flaw". Which you have not above.
              Regards,

Brian
              sigpic

Frank, Rudolf

Comment

A simple search on the search tool and you can find many similar flaw with finish intact.... 3 juncker and 1 assmann
                Attached Files
                The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
                Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
                www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

I am probably "NOT CORRECT" but this thread started regarding an aberration of the TOP swaz arm. I am FULLY aware of the flaw to the lower arm.
                  Regards,

Brian
                  sigpic

Frank, Rudolf

Comment

The UPPER arm...

I am not saying anyone else's "opinion" is "not correct", I have respect for other people even when they think otherwise. I simply state proof to anyone's opinion has not been shown. If my opinion is "not correct" after proof otherwise, then great, we have learned something. My ego won't be irrevocably damaged.
                    Attached Files
                    Regards,

Brian
                    sigpic

Frank, Rudolf

Comment

Another upper arm flaw on a gold edition
                      Attached Files
                      The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
                      Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
                      www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Or find ONE other bomber clasp by Juncker with this "flaw". Which you have not above.
                        Here it is again Brian, one I already showed in post #10 but again incase you missed it the first time. Missing the top arm of the swastika, just like the one that started this thread. Notice that the missing area is brighter than the other arms, that is because this area is recessed and therefore protected from wear and therefore still has all its original bright yellow fire gilded finish. The other arms are raised, so they are worn of the gilded finish.

Tom
                        Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                        X