No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe Flak Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the reverse views. Both of these badges are double marked with the large 'A' on the center reverse, and the small 'A' on the left eagle wing reverse. The badge on the left weighs 27.8 grams, and the badge on the right weighs 22.6 grams. Despite the big difference in weights, both of these badges are original. Both are made from the same material, and have the same overall dimensions. The difference in weight is due to the thickness of the eagle and wreath on the two badges.
    Attached Files
    sigpicParade Medal Bars of the Third Reich
    It's finally here!
    Available from: Schiffer Publishing Ltd.

Comment

This last picture should show the difference in the thickness of the two badges. The badge at the bottom weighs 27.8 grams, and the one at the top weighs 22.6 grams. The difference in thickness between the two is quite noticeable.
      Attached Files
      sigpicParade Medal Bars of the Third Reich
      It's finally here!
      Available from: Schiffer Publishing Ltd.

Comment

I'm coming in quite late on this thread, but I have just stepped up into the flak arena with three badges of my own, (2) Brehmers, and (1) Juncker... and working on a cased Assmann as we speak. Here's my favorite first, the cased Juncker...

Robert
        Attached Files

Comment

and my (2) Brehmers...
          Attached Files

Comment

#2 Brehmer...
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello all,

Stomper had a S&L come off the e-stand that was really something to look at.

William Kramer
              Holzarbeiter

Comment

Gorgeous Flak Badges! But why is everyone so hung up on Juncker!?!? Their quality was a crapshoot - many of their badges are such poor quality! And there are TEN makers folks, not the four listed in this poll...
                Marc

PS - WOW - the Brehmers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flak88 View Post
                  Gorgeous Flak Badges! But why is everyone so hung up on Juncker!?!? Their quality was a crapshoot - many of their badges are such poor quality! And there are TEN makers folks, not the four listed in this poll...
                  Marc

PS - WOW - the Brehmers!!!

Please post some photos of the other makers. I'm new to the Flaks, and would love to be educated in the early makers...

I'm just a Juncker fan, that's all...I think their eagles LOOK like eagles...

Robert

Comment

I like that cased Junckers Robert. Here is my early Brehmer. One of these days I will buy a better camera.
                    Last edited by Joe D; 09-13-2008, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Backside
                      Last edited by Joe D; 09-13-2008, 11:58 PM.

Comment

That's a nice shot, Joe. And the finish on your badge is very minty! The way I like them.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                          That's a nice shot, Joe. And the finish on your badge is very minty! The way I like them.

Robert
                          Thanks Robert,

I have lightened up my pics a little. I still cannot capture the true beauty of this badge.

Comment

Joe, look at how our maker marks stamp differ. Line up the end of the 'M' in Brehmer with the 'E' below, and then look at my maker mark. There are two different maker marks for Brehmer. Any more than two, Marc, for Brehmer?

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                              Joe, look at how our maker marks stamp differ. Line up the end of the 'M' in Brehmer with the 'E' below, and then look at my maker mark. There are two different maker marks for Brehmer. Any more than two, Marc, for Brehmer?

Robert
                              I see what you are talking about. This is definattly a question for Marc.

Comment

Somewhere in the archives I ran across a thread pointing out these two original pre-'45 Brehmer marks. At the time I bought these two I just posted I had questions on which type to buy, and found out that both were wartime stampings. So both are safe. There's so much to learn, all the more reason to see Marc's new book when it comes out.

Personally, I am really grateful to the many members who have busied themselves writing books on specific badges they specialize in. The need for these books is growing greater every day with all the fakes flooding the markets. We need records of our 'absolutes' documented in book form to help us through this mess to come. Thank you, Marc, for what you are doing. You guys are 'pillars' in our trade, and you deserve our utmost respect for the many hours you have sacrificed in doing this work, and to those also who have helped you.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X