Luftwaffe Flight Blouse with Bullion Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Flight Blouse with Bullion Badges

Greetings. I just joined your excellent forum. This uniform has nice bullion badges which I thought you may find of interest to see. Vet purchase years ago. Has anyone seen similar Imperial Observer and EK badges in bullion? Any comparable badges currently available or recently sold? I have been mostly out of the military collecting field the last 15 years. Any information will be most appreciated. Thought you may like to see them in any event. Thanks. Jerry.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tjd; 11-13-2007, 01:26 PM.

detail image

Here is a detailed image
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome Jerry,
      During my 25 years of collecting, I can honestly say that I have never seen these two badges in bullion attached to a fliegerbluse. An obvious WWI veteran. Fantastic. As to a value, I have nothing to compare it with. I hope that you receive comments from the real experts on this forum. Thank-you for showing this historical item.

I suggest you also show this bluse on the uniforms forum.

Regards,
      Andy

Comment

In my limited experience (I cant compare to 25 years) this is very rare. I dont collect blouses so I have no idea on the price.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the kind input. It was always one of my favorites, and I haven't seen comparable badges either. Figured someone here may have.

Comment

Excellent! I have never seen such badges! They look OK though. Must be very, very rare. Value? No idea.

Comment

WOW, what a great piece! A guess on the value would be price out the tunic, and add at least another $1000 for the cloth hardware.

Comment

Jerry

I would have thought USD 1,000 just for the EK1 and add at least
                USD 2,000 for the Observer badge!!!!! This combination is just so rare and on an original blouse its terrific

Regards,

Comment

Value

Hello All, My guess as to it's value would be ...maybe.... an Arm and a Leg! All the best , Butch

Comment

Stunning! it makes me wish i was rich

Comment

This set is for sale on the e-stand for $4500, which yes is a steal for the €/£ guys
                      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I think this ones a steal to the $ guys, But the sellers low post count is against him, good luck with the sale as this is a superb set

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. In all the years I never saw another bullion example of an observer badge, and few EK examples. In any event hope you enjoy seeing them.

Comment

If this Fliegerbluse stays more than 3 days on the e-stand I understand nothing more in this hobby. To me for very rare stuff like this item high prices mean nothing.

Pierre

Comment

Whoever buys it, I just hope the badges stay on the tunic.
                              Jesper Hahn

Looking for Luftwaffe Reserve insignia with the blue secondary colour and German WW2 tunics made in Denmark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X