Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat Crew Badge?

Hi,

Can I get some opinions on this badge - which the seller cannot identify - but which appears to be a type of U-Boat crew badge. Any advice would be appreciated as this is not an area I know anything about. UStagobv1.jpg UStagRev.jpg UStagobv2.jpg UStagObv.jpg UStagRev1.jpg

Regards
    Steve
    Attached Files

Nobody likes to post something here and then there are no responses. In this case, the so called "tradition" badges used by the KM are notoriously hard to make comment. So many were reproduced after the war and you can find them sold on reproduction/reenactment websites even today. There just is nothing there in which to make a comparison. The only certainty with them is if somehow you bought it direct from the veteran in 1960 maybe, but the veterans are gone and so are their personal effects in all probability. John

Comment

Hi John,
      Thanks for the response, the owner of the badge (who is an eclectic militaria collector) hasn't been able to find out anything about it and I am also hitting a blank although I still have many pages to wade through on a U-boat insignia website to see if I can find a match. I have been unable to find any tradition badges - reproduction or original - that match this one. The closest I have got to it so far is the U-boat emblem of the U1019 but that doesn't include the deer.
      Regards
      Steve

Comment

Most small boat units also had emblems and maybe larger vessels also.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
        X