Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - new arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - new arrival

New to me GAB in Tombak. I tried to do a little composition photography but my phone camera cannot keep different items at different distances in sharp focus simultaneously.
    I haven't even cracked the book yet to determine maker.
    Attached Files
    Todd
    Seeking photographs of Joachim Tiesler, DKiG Stalingrad, 3rd I.D. (mot.) and Clemens Freiherr von Fürstenberg, DKiG 7th Panzer Division.

Hi Todd, gorgeous GAB! Just lovely, maker is Rudolf Karneth in the book.

Tom
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Wonderful GAB! In near mint condition.
      I posted a similar one today, albeit more worn.
      A keeper!

Comment

One near mint and one excellent RK in a row posted today. Congratulations!

Give it some time, Bruce will be along to compliment your find and to scold Tom for calling it Karneth instead of just RK!
        Dale
        I am searching for medals and badges from Gablonz makers.

Comment

Thanks for the comments gentlemen. Based on some of the recent GAB's posted my guess was going to be Rudolf Karneth. Thanks for confirming and saving me from having to hit the books.
          Todd
          Seeking photographs of Joachim Tiesler, DKiG Stalingrad, 3rd I.D. (mot.) and Clemens Freiherr von Fürstenberg, DKiG 7th Panzer Division.

Comment

Wonderfully conditioned early GAB. Since Bruce has not chimed in yet I will. No proof positive yet indicating this is a badge produced by Rudolf Karneth. Like Dale I'll let it go as a example produced by "RK"

Chet
            Zinc stinks!

Comment

Hi Todd

......Dale was correct about 2 things:
              1) My compliments on a very nice(minty looking) GAB and
              2) it is known to be manufactured by RK.

Dale is mistaken about me 'scolding' Tom D.
              I merely wish to remind Tom that no matter how many books one were tp reference concerning the manufacturer RK as having been allegedly identified as Rudolf Karneth they are incorrect at this time.

Perhaps someone will one day be able to verify RK as being Rudolf Karneth….it just isn't today.

This is not to take anything away from any one's independent research concerning the identification and classification of manufacturers associated with certain 3rd Reich awards, badges etc. Great strides have been made over the past 20 years.

We learned along the way that quite a few of the tomes that had been available to us were rife with inaccuracies. The beginning of the 21st century witnessed an outpouring of books, pamphlets, magazine articles, etc. regarding 3rd Reich collectibles. By embracing the amazing wealth of information sharing from around the globe, available via the internet, authors have become far more accurate to not only correctly name manufacturers, but begin to organize them by region as well.

In those days of limited knowledge unmarked badges and awards were simply classified as unknown makers for the most part. By careful examination(using solid forensic evidence as a basis of evaluation), by some of our esteemed members here, we can now confidently apply manufacturing credentials to many of these aforementioned unknown maker collectibles. My hat is off to those industrious researchers.

Personally, I hope one day to see the maker mark RK identified conclusively once and for all. I can say the same about AS in triangle, MK(or KM?) in triangle and RK in a circle.

We still have some distance to travel concerning alleged manufacturers of 3rd Reich collectibles. Doing so objectively should bring us correct answers to some of our questions. But then gain, the fog of history may be unable to reveal to us all the answers we seek.

In summary I will add that when Pavel, whom I consider to be one of the most thorough researchers of the Gablonz area(concerning 3rd Reich manufacturers), states that it is only his opinion, opinion mind you not fact, that RK is Rudolf Karneth that leaves the question of who RK is still unanswered.

This is not to overlook Norm F. when it comes to identifying RK. He is another of our outstanding researchers here who has effectively addressed this issue, objectively and competently.

Happy collecting!

Comment

Thanks for the very informative input Bruce. I appreciate the knowledge.

I was going to put the new arrival away in the riker mount with other badges but as I opened the riker mount I was struck by the urge to do an "all in the family" shoot. Per the labels I know who the wearer of one badge was and the ground dug example I brought back from my trip to Volgograd.
                Attached Files
                Todd

Comment

The identified one is a later version of the RK in zinc.

The 3rd one from the left is not one I can recall seeing with that type of pin and hook before, you might want to post it for review.
                  Dale
                  I am searching for medals and badges from Gablonz makers.

Comment

I agree with Dale about posting up the third one for review. The hardware definitely looks suspect.

Chet
                    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
                      I agree with Dale about posting up the third one for review. The hardware definitely looks suspect.

Chet
                      agree but the others look very nice.

William Kramer
                      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Stepdale View Post
                        The identified one is a later version of the RK in zinc.

The 3rd one from the left is not one I can recall seeing with that type of pin and hook before, you might want to post it for review.
                        Dale
                        I can do that. I'll take some photos and make a thread when I get a few minutes. Of course there were already fakes even way back then, but FWIW I bought it in an antique shop in Germany when I was on a high school exchange program back in 1986 and never bothered to look at it critically again. Not that I had any experience with these to apply back in 1986 anyway.
                        Todd

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                          agree but the others look very nice.

William Kramer
                          Thank-you sir.
                          Todd

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                          X