Rarest Army War Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rarest Army War Badges

Here is my list - what do you think? My scale is 1-5, 1 being the rarest of the rare and 5 being common.

1) Army Para Badge & Anti-Partisan Badge
    2) Numbered PAB and GAB, Army Flak
    4) CCC
    5) PAB, GAB, IAB

The balloon observe is not here for obvious reasons...
    Army Paratrooper
    37.59%
    Anti-Partisan
    37.47%
    Army Flak
    3.44%
    Numbered PAB
    8.11%
    Numbered GAB
    6.63%
    CCC
    4.55%
    PAB
    0.37%
    GAB
    0.61%
    IAB
    1.23%

I think its much more rare to find an author writing the most comprehensive reference guide on Army & Luft Flak badges who cannot count to 5!

Tom
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Marc.

I think there are levels of rarity even within certain badge types. The army paratrooper badge is a good example of this. There are 10 different types, each (I believe) with a distinct level of rarity.

1 being the most rare.

1. .800 silver engraved (FIK version)
      2. .800 silver engraved (FIB version)
      3. .800 silver non engraved, FIB version (**I don't believe the FIK version was offered/sold as a non engraved option)
      4. 1st pattern in aluminum (re-inforced talon)
      5. 1st pattern in aluminum (cut out talon)
      6. 1943 pattern in cloth
      7. 2nd pattern in aluminum (maker marked)
      8. 1938 pattern in cloth
      9. 2nd pattern in aluminum (not maker marked)
      10. 1943 pattern in Feinzink
      WANTED

WW2 War Dog and Dog Handler items
      Original photos, documents, groupings
      US, German, Japanese

Comment

Originally posted by tdurante View Post
        I think its much more rare to find an author writing the most comprehensive reference guide on Army & Luft Flak badges who cannot count to 5!

Tom
        WHat does that mean? I just don't think there is a badge that warrants a 3, you bozak!

Comment

Eric,
          Indeed - as in Heeresflaks - I know of two Tombak Juncker in the whole world!
          Marc

Comment

i think marc isnt saying how rare the different variants of the various badges are just which one is the rarest!has to be the army para!

Comment

Alpine Guide Badge is much rarer as is the
              Balloon Observers Badge

Comment

Alpine Guide is NOT a war badge, and I am not even gonna talk to you about the Balloon Observer...

Comment

I would say the army paratrooper badge because I've seen it least for sale...

Comment

Originally posted by Flak88 View Post
                    Alpine Guide is NOT a war badge, and I am not even gonna talk to you about the Balloon Observer...

Ahh your just saying that becuase you have yet to get one

The Guide badge is still the holy grail of anyone who collects Gebirgsjager

BYW if I use you logic and the Guide badge is not a a war badge then Most of the LW quailifacion badges and the Para Badges are not war badges either

Comment

TRUE! There are only two Luftwaffe War Badges IMHO, but this thread is on HEER!
                      Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Flak88 View Post
                        TRUE! There are only two Luftwaffe War Badges IMHO, but this thread is on HEER!
                        Marc
                        There you go with your flak and LGAB theory again. Good thing you post it here instead of luft forum (home of over 10 war badges)
                        Jokes aside, I think heer para as well as anti part. in a condition thats easy to recognize the grade is up there in its own league. Everything else posted in the poll seems to be easy obtainable (don't confuse with cheap)
                        cheers
                        Matt

Comment

How 100 numbered GAB or PAB were awarded?

Dennis

Comment

Legion Condor Panzer Badge. But of those listed, I would put some weight on the Heer Fallschirmjager Badge being the rarest.
                            Looking for documents/items pertaining to Warsaw 1944 Uprising

Comment

100 Tank Battle

Gentlemen,

Don't want to get emotional but, I have to completely disagree with everthing that has been posted.

The 100 Bronze and Silver Tank Battle is without a doubt the rarest. Look at the imperical data:

1) Not a single 100 Bronze Tank Battle has been recorded as beeing awarded.

2) Only one panzerman (Oberstleutnant Bake) has been recorded with receiving the 100 Silver Tank Battle.

Army paras offered for sale in the last six months: at least 10-15. In fact, at the last SOS and MAX at least five known originals were for sale.
                              100 Silver/Bronze Tank Battle Badges offered for sale: 0!

I will only accept the JFS or semi-hollow Junkers (both pierced and not pierced revit version) as originals regardless what some 'recognized' dealers have recently sold as original!

I'll make an offer, if anyone can show me an original 100 Bronze or Silver Tank Battle for sale, I will send them $25.00!

MIKE
                              Last edited by Michael Everett; 03-09-2008, 02:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X