Gold CCC opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold CCC opinions

Hi, I would like opinions on this clasp, I've always felt it was a good one as I acquired it from a very trusted scource. However, I've begun to question some of my badges since it is not my primary collecting interest. Any opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance, Mark
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This sure looks a lot like one I just posted in silver. Right down to the rust. That makes me think they are not good.... I would like to hear from more trained eyes.

Comment

All the answers can be found in this forum by using the search function. Here are several I found using FLL as the search phrase:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=FLL

pseudo-expert

Comment

Opinions

Any other opinions?

Comment

Pieces of History

Mark,
                      From the opinions here it appears this gold ccc is a fake. Since I was the culprit that sold it to you back in the late 80s or early 90s, I will give you a full refund on it. I can't remember how much I sold it to you for but I will trust you on the amount. I have moved after retirement so I have no record of the transaction. I will tell you that I sold it to you in the belief that it was a good piece and that there was no subversion involved. I acquired it from a man in Arizona that traded under the business name of Pieces of History. I took this in on trade on a boxed Order of the German Eagle 1st Class that I had gotten from an old sailor in Galveston Texas. I couldn't find any reference books on that decoration so I took in this gold ccc, an IC 1, and a black wound badge for the OGE. It appears that I really got the shaft on that deal. Anyway, let me know what you paid me for it and I will square you away. Denny

Comment

Pieces of History, oe better known now as Pieces of Feces has ripped off many, many folks.

Denny, you are a stand up guy to be making this right. My hat (if I was wearing one) is off to you. So many times all we hear about is the rotten side of this hobby.
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

Yeah......

......I second that Don. That is a very stand-up offer from a man that I, for one, am glad to see as a member of this Forum.

Good show Denny!

Comment

Denny,

As said, you are one helluva honest gentleman. I hear so many stories about returns and refunds that happened 5 months ago, where the seller wouldn't honor the 'authenticity clause'. And you are offereing a full refund from a transaction 20 years ago???

The hobby needs more gentlemen like yourself!

Regards,
                            Mark

PS - Yes, an old repro.
                            "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

yep...good Denny

remember.....FLL never marked its logo in the middle of CCC.

kr
                              Indy

Comment

Working...
                              X