Silesian Eagle 2nd Class - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silesian Eagle 2nd Class - Good or Bad?

All, i would greatly appreciate opinion son this Silesian Eagle.

Thanks,

Don
    Attached Files
    "Der Führer vasn't a mousy little momma's boy - Der Führer vas Butch!" - Will Ferrell in The Producers

IMO good early one (folded clips instead of rivets to secure devices). Probably magnetic but this type is also found non magnetic. Not sure about the ribbon based on what I can see of the edges

JC

Comment

Thanks, JC - much appreciated!

Don
      "Der Führer vasn't a mousy little momma's boy - Der Führer vas Butch!" - Will Ferrell in The Producers

Comment

Hi Don,

I agree with JC. The medal looks good, but the ribbon is not original. In fact the ribbon is not even the correct pattern: A Silesian Eagle should have a single, wide white stripe down the middle and not a white stripe close to each edge.

Best regards,
        Tom
        sigpicParade Medal Bars of the Third Reich
        It's finally here!
        Available from: Schiffer Publishing Ltd.

Comment

Thanks, Tom.

dc

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Yanacek View Post
            Hi Don,

I agree with JC. The medal looks good, but the ribbon is not original. In fact the ribbon is not even the correct pattern: A Silesian Eagle should have a single, wide white stripe down the middle and not a white stripe close to each edge.

Best regards,
            Tom
            Right Tom...How embarassing! Second time I confuse the Westwall & the Schlesischer Adler II ribbons lately: might be time for me to persue a new hobby. Didnt check the band configuration just the colour & the edges...Attached are some correct ones

Sorry

JC
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again, gentlemen - I blacklighted the ribbon and no glow, so it may be an original WW ribbon.

Don

Comment

Working...
              X