Beautiful Schickle IAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful Schickle IAB

Gents, I would like to please ask for your thoughts on this incredible IAB.. just to confirm it is a genuine pristine piece... thanks
    Attached Files

Wow! Stunning.....

Chet
    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Mint piece.

Troy

Comment

I like the badge, not the finish.
        In my opinion a refinished piece.
        In recent times i have noticed a new practice in Germany where early assault badges are refinished and paired with carton boxes to make the unbelievable mint pieces look legit. Your example is not boxed but still it has all the traits of one i'm talking about. I have seen them at Günzenhausen, Ciney, Ratisbons auction and one is still for sale at a German dealer. The quality of the newly applied finish is decent but often too good to be true. I'm sure one person is behind them. I kept several examples on file.
        When the new finish is applied over a worn badge you get often a very creamy white, unnatural finish and always with a swastika that is so polished you need sunglasses
        On this badge another good indicator is a deep scratch on the rifle, filled with white paint.
        Impossible, not all is what it seems.

Jelle
        Attached Files

Comment

It could very well be just as Jelle has pointed out. The glare off the badge makes it difficult to ascertain. At least for me....

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

More -
            Attached Files

Comment

I saw this piece for sale as well, something about the finish seems off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it but the color of the finish does not seem right to me.

Comment

This one looks to good to be true.
                The thing you have to look after on a badge like this is schratches that have been refinished, then you see it.

Andy

Comment

I wish it's just a mistake, but I can also see some suspicious areas at the sling area,
                  near the round drawn on a picture...

By the way, I agree with Jelle. Isn't it too much these boxes around in recent time?
                  Easy to produce, and easily increases price more than 100 euros...

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, appreciate your comments and thoughts as I was interested in purchasing this one.. I’ve been informed this one has been sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's is true Heydrich… there are more wear marks on that badge that are covered with new paint. I highlighted only the most obvious one. Prepare to see more of these refinished badges in the future. Some of them sold for crazy money already.

Schickle assault badges are the most easy victims for this con artist. They are easy to find, relatively cheap… what makes them easy targets and good to earn money. When you see them on picture they look very dangerous, you can photograph them in a certain lightning and angle so it becomes very difficult to distinguish them from true mint badges. The polishing on the upper parts almost looks like patina but that is just a reflection. In hand it's easy to see these are messed with badges. They are void of any patina, the finish is lifeless, creamy white and not sparkeling like originals and on many examples you can see on the reverse that patina is below the finish and not on top, mainly on the edges. Not to speak of all the wear marks that are covered in finish.

Compare it with a genuine mint assault badge under magnification. The slightest surface scratch causes a loss of finish. On the badge that started this thread it's not a surface scratch, rather a rough bump caused by wear. Putting these badges in a box is a clever strategy because many people think: Wow, it's wrapped and boxed… it must be mint.
                      NOT! This practice is a result of the hunger and desire from collectors for bling bling and shiny mint badges.

The badge in attachement is currently for sale on a german dealer site.
                      I'm sure this is the work of the same 'artist'.
                      For an astonishing 900€ this raped Schickle GAB can be yours.

Jelle
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jelle

......Thank you for posting your very informative observations about the appearance of these altered assault badges and the threat they pose. Though I have to say that I do find it extremely difficult and preposterous that anyone would be willing to pay 900 euro for a common GAB, no matter the condition.

Comment

Wow, thats useful. Thank you for this head-up information, Jelle!

By the way, I'd never buy anything by such ****ty overlightened photos like the first three. It's obvious, that's something is hidden there.

In previous year I've heard about 800 euro per "Mint Schickle boxed GAB", now its already 900. What a madness...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                          X