• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prague Bar Opinions Please?

Many thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Hi Monty,

Over my head here. I have a few Sudenten medals with and without Prager bars but certainly no expert on the matter so take my response with a grain of salt (and do wait for the experts) but I find the lack of responses sad so hopefully mine may just get the ball rolling...
    The edges of your ribbon look to be straight as we see on repros instead of the rounded edge loops of originals. Not familiar with the medal variation you show but the Prager bar seems to have a small "HC" (initials of the engraver) incuse in the lower left bush below the castel which is found on some originals (see my left specimen). Overall, it may be just the pictures but I find the detail of both the medal and the spange look weak/faint compared to most others I have seen.

I have attached a few specimens to compare but hopefully someone else can help you more

JC
    Attached Files

Comment

The bar is real. The attachment is post war.

Tom
      "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” ~ John 8:32

Comment

Many thanks to you both!

Comment

The ribbon is not original, the finish on both the medal and bar are strange.

Even if they are more than likely original they are both easy to find and personally I would wait for a classic example as J-C has shown.

Ian

Comment

Out of interest the obverse of the medal looks exactly the same as the straight G type 7 Memel medal, would like to see the reverse regards Paul

Comment

Here it is Paul. Many thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting the reverse, I reckon a good one for the type collectors,Thanks Paul

Comment

I have to check the bar since I don't remember that type, but the medal itself is a rarity, I only saw a couple in all my life made from this maker.
                  As Paul pointed out it is the same maker of the Straight G 7 Memel.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                  - THE SS TK RING
                  - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                  - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                  - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks again to all.
                    Did you identify this pattern of bar Antonio?
                    Thanks again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X