Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon Bar with SS Mini

Hi All,

I need your help to know if this ribbon bar is good or not. I have strong doubts of any Ribbon Bar with something of the SS in it.

What do you think?

Best Regards

Antonio
    Attached Files

Looks like an original 4 year device, but when it was attached is anyone's guess. Judging by how loosely it appears to sit, I would say fairly recently.

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
      ...but when it was attached is anyone's guess.
      +1

And that's always the problem with these - was it done during the war, or during a gun show in Texas? Just no answer unfortunately.

Agree with OP though, any medal/ribbon bars with "SS" anything on it is cause for concern.

Comment

Not to mention the wrong order of precedence. If you check the late Rick Lundstrom study, there are other problems. Was this round device even used on ribbon bars? I've seen only runes so far.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/rela...d_bad_ugly.htm

Comment

The runes were worn on a ribbon bar only for the 12 year cross and 25 year cross. According to Angolia the 4 and 8 year medals were represented by a plain blue ribbon. I would not rule out the possibility of a medal device though, it would be easy to attach prongs instead of a pin to the 9mm version.

cheers
          Peter

Comment

The devices certainly did exist for the 4 & 8 year although they were only worn unofficially. In fact, a statute was eventually passed which totally proscribed the wearing of any such devices.
            As Peter has noted, the Auflagen were of the same design as the 9mm stickpins, but with prongs instead of a needle.
            Any originals that I have seen were also contoured to match the curvature of the ribbon bar.

Comment

Thank you all. I expected that.

Thank you.

Regards

Antonio

Comment

Working...
              X