FBB or Garykostka on WAF

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deumer para badge named

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Deumer para badge named

    Guys, any info about the owner Ogefr. Griem would be highly appreciated. Dug up in Russia.
    Supposedly, member of III./FJR3. Can't find any details about him.
    Attached Files
    Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

    #2
    Looks like a genuine Deumer para badge.
    Great find despite it's relic condition.
    I would recommend you to open a file with the Deutsch Dienststelle (WASt)
    and provide them as many details as possible… Name, Regiment, place where badge was found be patience because they reply slowly.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Nightstalker View Post
      Looks like a genuine Deumer para badge.
      Great find despite it's relic condition.
      I would recommend you to open a file with the Deutsch Dienststelle (WASt)
      and provide them as many details as possible… Name, Regiment, place where badge was found be patience because they reply slowly.
      Thanks for advice but I already tried work with them and like you said they are VERY slowl and even can not respond with details even if you found remnants of the soldiers, so my hope that one has this name among files.
      This badge was battlefield found without any human remnants but I always wanted get info about owner.
      Scratch to the reverse is 10/3 I rather count as 10 komp.of FJR3..but who knows, perhaps something else here.
      Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

      Comment


        #4
        It is helpful to say where was it dug up?

        Comment


          #5
          Unfortunately, I havn't info about exact place of found but based on condition can suggest it's from Smolensk region.
          Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

          Comment


            #6
            The only one I could find was a Fallschirm fieldwebel Hans Griem who was KIA in Nijmegen:
            https://www.oorlogsdodennijmegen.nl/...f-13c244ae1e2d

            Hans Griem

            1945-02-00 Frontstadt, February 1945
            February 1945
            Hans Griem was from Krembz. a place in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, close to the Schleswig-Holstein border. Griem belonged to Fallschirmjäger Regiment 32, just like his colleague Josef Englert, who also fell in or near Nijmegen in February '45. Where, how and when exactly is not known.

            Source: www.volksbund.de (nothing); e-mail Richard Schoutissen Nov. 26 2015 with photo
            Name:H. GriemFirst names:HansNickname:HansSex:manNationality:GermanFa ith / denomination:-unknown-Profession:Farmer - Feldwebel FallschirmjägerMarital status:-unknown-Address:unknownResidence:Krembz (D) Date of birth:01-01-1925Date of birth addition:uncertainBirthplace:Waldaschaff (D) Date of death:01-02-1945Date of addition:uncertainPlace of death:NijmegenDeath location:In or near NijmegenCemetery:UnknownDeath condition:killed Event group:Nijmegen frontstadt Event:1945-02-00 Front City, February 1945War category: Soldiers: German

            — Guy
            Last edited by GHP; 10-18-2019, 08:46 AM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by GHP View Post
              The only one I could find was a Fallschirm fieldwebel Hans Griem who was KIA in Nijmegen:
              https://www.oorlogsdodennijmegen.nl/...f-13c244ae1e2d

              Hans Griem

              1945-02-00 Frontstadt, February 1945
              February 1945
              Hans Griem was from Krembz. a place in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, close to the Schleswig-Holstein border. Griem belonged to Fallschirmjäger Regiment 32, just like his colleague Josef Englert, who also fell in or near Nijmegen in February '45. Where, how and when exactly is not known.

              Source: www.volksbund.de (nothing); e-mail Richard Schoutissen Nov. 26 2015 with photo
              Name:H. GriemFirst names:HansNickname:HansSex:manNationality:GermanFa ith / denomination:-unknown-Profession:Farmer - Feldwebel FallschirmjägerMarital status:-unknown-Address:unknownResidence:Krembz (D) Date of birth:01-01-1925Date of birth addition:uncertainBirthplace:Waldaschaff (D) Date of death:01-02-1945Date of addition:uncertainPlace of death:NijmegenDeath location:In or near NijmegenCemetery:UnknownDeath condition:killed Event group:Nijmegen frontstadt Event:1945-02-00 Front City, February 1945War category: Soldiers: German

              — Guy
              That is a great piece of research Guy.

              Troy

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by sniper11 View Post
                That is a great piece of research Guy.

                Troy
                Thanks, I just wonder if it’s the same soldier. The OP thinks the badge was found in Russia. I wonder if Griem is as common as Schmidt???

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thanks for this info, the badge 100% dug up in Russia, I just not yet confirmed exact area.. but would be very interesting to know if it's the same guy and he lost his badge here in previous actions.
                  Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Sturm 74 View Post
                    Thanks for this info, the badge 100% dug up in Russia, I just not yet confirmed exact area.. but would be very interesting to know if it's the same guy and he lost his badge here in previous actions.
                    It would be fantastic if this badge did belong to Hans Griem. I hope you are eventually able to solve this mystery. If you do, please PM me to let me know; usually I’m on the Japanese Militatia forum and only occasionally venture into the European Theater.

                    — Guy

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by GHP View Post
                      It would be fantastic if this badge did belong to Hans Griem. I hope you are eventually able to solve this mystery. If you do, please PM me to let me know; usually I’m on the Japanese Militatia forum and only occasionally venture into the European Theater.

                      — Guy
                      Yes, will do when find additional info.
                      Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Sturm 74 View Post
                        ...Supposedly, member of III./FJR3. Can't find any details about him.
                        It looks like the unit designator scratched on the reverse side is 10/3. Would that mean 10th Company, 3rd Regiment? If so, 10th Co would place him as 3rd Bn’s second rifle company? (Companies 4, 8, & 12 as machine gun companies?)

                        I forgot how Germans lettered their units ... something like batallions used Roman numerals and companies & regiments used Arabic numbers?

                        Thanks,
                        — Guy

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I think this means 10 komp. / FJR3..
                          Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Sturm 74 View Post
                            I think this means 10 komp. / FJR3..
                            Many thanks. Oh .... I forgot to compliment you on the badge.

                            — Guy

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Hello
                              there was also a GRIEM Franz, on 10/fjr2...


                              Herlé
                              Collecting SB/WP, award doc's and other items related to the 2nd Fallschirmjäger division. BREST

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing this Thread

                              Collapse

                              There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                              Working...
                              X